Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
taxi or coach?
44 Posts
If you get a taxi you will get there before the coach. You can then pick the best room :D If you're not happy with the room they show you to, tell them you want another one. You can be in your room, unpacked and having your first drink when the coach turns up. (Thats what the regulars tell me anyway :lol: )
getting a taxi outside the airport is easy. go to the little cabin (you CANNOT miss it) pay your 650/700 rps and get in a cab. tell him your resort, hotel and away you go. NO Problem.

Please, if you do this , tell the holiday rep that you are and then they are not waiting around for you to turn up.

PS. maybe changed now BUT, the "coaches " are not really coaches, they are sort of..........coaches ..... if you get my drift. :wink:

You say that you are going AI so that means one of the larger hotels, all the drivers know almost all of the hotels, you might have a minor problem if going to some 2 apartment block in the backwoods, but not at a major hotel.

Hubby sound like a yorkshireman with short arms and long pockets :D :D

Please, if you do this , tell the holiday rep that you are and then they are not waiting around for you to turn up.

Good point! :tup
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-12-08 23:13:28
I know, got a telling off for not doing it :oops:
oh dear :lol:
go for the taxi lisaandrich :D
Up until this year (going flight only so have to use a taxi) we have always used the coach. For your first time you are likely to share the journey with others who have done it before and can give advice, and comfort on what you are seeing - you will think "My god, what have I come to - it has to get better than this" but it never does until you turn into the hotel. However, once you are there and relax into the Goan way of life you will love it.

However I can also see the advantage with the taxi but be prepared for some mad driving and a belief that if they use the car horn enough it will act as a forcefield against the rest of the traffic.

Whichever you choose have a great time and ditch the AI next time - eating and drinking is sooooo cheap and there are great restaurants to choose from.

Candybabe
I think that candybabe is being a bit unfair to the taxi drivers, they are not ALL mad.

As for using the horn, when overtaking it is a requirement that you do.

And has any regular noticed that although the cows have two horns, neither of them work :lol: :lol:
The coach trip to your hotel is part of the goan experience :)
We only ever get taxis when we have booked flight only and accomodation seperatly.
Thanks for all of your replies, maybe ill get the taxi and he can go on the coach!
there you go- he can have the experience and you can bag the best room :lol:
wish I had thought of that.............................now do I get the cab or does she?
I think if its your first time in Goa it is better to travel by coach,you will be with people who have been before and they will share info etc it will bed you in a bit better than getting an airport taxi,most of the taxi drivers at the rank speak little or no English (unlike the resort drivers) so you will probably have a stoney faced silent journey to your hotel and that could start you with a bad first impression, who cares if you get there half an hour later your on holiday. Allan.
Taxis are an experience and a part of your holiday.

*Non applicable remarks removed -Glynis*
Lango
Quite a few of your posts have now had to be dealt with by mods. This latest one made no sense at all- you appear to be frequently very antagonistic. If you wish to remain a member here I suggest you think before you post. As I said in one of your early posts I had to delete
-sometimes its better not to post.

to the rest of the members
I would appreciate it if we just let this thread get back on topic :D
  • Edited by Fiona 2007-12-09 22:39:44
On your first trip to Goa I would say take the coach, the reps do have useful information to impart, and it is certainly all part of the that first experience of Goa
I've never got the coach so can't comment. I do love the taxi ride though. A lot can be said for getting first refusal on the rooms. You are there for two weeks after all.
I think if it was my first time I'd definitely go on the coach and try to 'pump' some of the repeat visitors for information whilst waiting for the other people to turn up.

We have a policy that if our luggage comes off very quickly, we get a taxi but if we're one of the last to reclaim our baggage we take the coach.

Good point about telling the holiday company that you have gone by taxi though - it's rude if you leave people waiting when you don't intend to travel on the coach.
Same goes for the return journey to the airport.

Polly
Lisaandrich,
Which hotel are you staying at?
This makes a big difference when deciding whether to get a taxi.
first time we went we travelled on the coach.(went back in a taxi) but i think it is some thing you should experience. like people have posted you will think" get me out of here." but looking back on the trip it will be another good memory you take back from goa. never forget the wife's face when we set off and every time we went up a hill all the backs of the seats on the coach would drop into the recline possition. oh happy days :lol: andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.