Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
temperature
9 Posts
Don't forget all metrological readings are taken in a stephens cage.
A what cage?....please eleborate on this contraption????

Mark
Hi, Just asked hubby about this stephens cage thingy.....he thinks it's a white box that they put on the roof of buildings ( you see them over here ), & it measures the wind, humidity, temperature & pressure, gives an overall temperature. Don't think it gives a real reading of how hot it actually is. We were in majorca mid april this year & it was certainly hotter than the latest given temperatures - we got burnt!!!! Hope this helps you - if he is completely wrong I'm sure someone will let us know!!!! :oops:
Indeed the cage is white, it is painted this colour to reflect the sun and it is normally placed in a wind free location. It also has vents in it so that it can reflect the true temperture.

Obviously if you are in direct sunlight it will be hotter as the suns rays will be constantly heating you therefore if the weather forecast says for example, 22 degrees it will probably feel more like 28 degrees. This is the same effect that we have over here in winter time when the wind chill factor is used to calculate the temperture that we will actually feel.

Clear as mud I hope :D
Well we just arrived home from Portinatx early this morning and the weather there feels much hotter than the weather forecasts :lol:

We had a couple of windy and cloudy days but overall it has been fantastic. Be very careful in the sun too - it is very intense at the moment we had to switch from factor 25 to 35 suncream, even my daughter who hardly ever burns and usually tans very well was burned on her head and cheeks and that was after using the P20 and normal suncream too so please be careful!

-Angela-
Were in Portinatx did you stay ?

did you like the resort ??

Robert
hi
came back last week from santa eulalia it was definitely warmer than the weather forecast before we went it was 28-30 most days very sunny we had 1 cloudy morning which cleared by dinnertime and a thunderstorm which lasted about 1 hour. didnt need a jumper at all even at after midnight the temp signs were still showing 25 some nights !!!!!!!!
We stayed in the Presidente, Portinatx, it was a lovely clean hotel, very helpful, friendly staff and a nice choice of food.

The kids entertainers were brilliant, exhausting to watch :lol: Kate and Dee should be working in kids TV.

Portinatx really is as beautiful as all the glossy photo's in the brochures, although we has a couple of days of rougher sea most of the time the bays are like mill ponds and very shallow with no steep drops making it very safe for kids. Only downside to it was after the bigger waves we had an influx of jelly fish :shock:

There are a few gift shops, bars/resteraunts and a couple of Spar shops, and I was more than happy with its' peaceful, relaxing atmosphere but my Mum and (almost) 13 year old daughter were a bit bored at nightime.

I'll post a few photo's as soon as I'm caught up with the washing :shock: :!:

-Angela-
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.