Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Its Tenerife!!!!! Seriously, the whole island is just superb and there is something for everyone on it. Plenty of things to do and see..Teide, all the other little mountain villages on the way, LC and PDLA, the endless villages you can find if you explore off the beaten track, the cliffs of LG, bars and restaurants galore, umpteen different trips out, the Zoo, carting, boat trips, diving, the greenery of the north.. the list is endless.

I must confess though, we are canary island freaks and we visit one island or another at least twice a year..as much as we have visited other places, we always return to the Canaries, so my answer would probably be abit biased anyway..
Not forgetting the North of the Island!!!!

Puerto De La Cruz, perfect if you want somewhere a bit more Spanish, quiet chilled out scene, not many discos mainly pubs and restaurants beautifully green amd lush and the South for a more pub, club, english, baron feel.

We have never been to Cyprus so cannot compare Im afraid :D

Something for everyone on Tenerife.

Like Val and Rob said we are biased though :D
Have been to Cyprus 4 times, and Tenerife 4 times. The winner is Tenerife.It has more to offer in everyway.
Thank you, thank you for ALL the great information and encouragement re Tenerife. Now, if I can just find decent flights from Chicago!! Does anyone have a favorite rental apartment itself or know a good rental agent in Puerto de la Cruz? Doubt that I'll have a rental car so a central location is a must.
don't know about the rental places.. but my sister in law flies over from Florida and she has found it sometimes works out cheaper to fly to Madrid on one airline and then just book on a spanish airline to get to the canaries.. if i can find out who she travels with i will give you the name..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.