EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Billyboy

Like yourself we used to own timeshare in Tenerife, in a way the use of our timeshare let us see the benefits of owning an apt in this wonderful island.

Do some research? Speak to a lawyer (abagado) If you are looking at a resale property, speak to other owners. How well is the complex managed, get a realistic view of potential lettings "if you intend letting" what are the community fees etc.

For us it was one of the best moves we have ever made, although it all seemed a bit daunting we have no regrets.
Hi Billy boy

I had the same fears that most people have before buying but I took the plunge last year and have never looked back. Make sure you b uy in a nice family type area/complex especially if you intend to rent it out.

I bought mine (which you can see if you click on the link below) from a company called Visa Verde they are actually situated on the complex that I bought off. I was amazed how well they handled things, solicitors banks, searches etc etc they did the lot. If you contact them ask for a lady called Sue she is very very efficient, let her know I reccomended you if you dont mind. she can be contacted at sue@visaverde.com or visit there web site, http://www.visaverde.com

Anyway good luck if you need to know any more about buying please feel free to ask. Good Luck

Peter

Peter
I know of Visa Verde and they have a good reputation..

Buying in the uth tenerife was one of the best moves I ever made
At the moment prices are falling & its very much a buyers market If you can find a property you like & the owner really needs to sell there are some great bargains to be got
What are property prices in Tenerife doing at the moment?
Are prices steady or are prices falling like Ireland and the U.K.
Regards,
Billyboy.
Hi, I can stongly recommend VisaVerde. We bought an apartment in Palm Mar off plan a few years age. We were told by the selling agent it was 'an investment' and the area was going to be developed. When we visited nearer to the completion date, we realised the area had not been developed and we did not like it. The ladies at VisaVerde did a great job of selling it for us. Our original agent - never even got us a viewing.
Hi, we bought a one bed appartment in Puerto de la Cruz, as we wanted something more than a 'holiday home' as we wanted to use it for long winter months when we retire in a few years time. We found Puerto had everything we wanted, an older town, with lots of shops and restaurants, with a great beach and lido. Rather than a tourist hotspot. We have settled in very well.
I would rent for a while. Prices will continue to fall and the GBP to Euro rate is low.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.