Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Its a couple of years since we were there but we stayed in old town and got taxi for about 10euros, outside terramitica there is bus station and taxi rank, so we taxied back as well. We loved it , bought 14 day pass of internet and went twice first week and once the second, just to use pass again, we then passed it on to some other peolple in hotel as still had a few days left on it. The kids also loved the water park. Visited terra natura as well, enjoyed it but think it will be much better now as the water park section wasnt open then, was still being built. We ove benidorm but went two year running so wanted a change. If you go to the harbour there is also boat trips running, we went across to peacock island and went on the submarine, cant remenber how much exactly, think about 25euro for 4 of us.
Hi, we went to Terra Mitica about a week ago and I saw the "Pyramid of Terror" but didn't go in. I didn't see anything to actually tell you what to expect? What is this ride? Someone told me that you just walk through it - so what is so terrifying? Can anyone who has paid the 5 euros tell me what is inside the pyramid & is it worth the money?

I get the impression that it's very similar to the 'Pasaje del Terror' at Blackpool Pleasure Beach where people jump out at you etc.
Cheers for that, we are really looking forward to going to see what Bendiorm has to offer, we've been to various other parts of Spain, Portugal, Florida etc but not Benidorm, if it's as good as it sounds, we'll be back!!!!!!
Can anyone tell me if weekends are busier then during the week for visiting the park. We have not been for 3 years, have any new rides been added. Is it best to buy tickets before you go or in resort.
Thanks
we are going to Benidorm on 21st August. It has been 18 years since we last went. Our son is a theme park nut and we have to visit any theme park in the area. I have found a web sight Unpackaged Attraction that are offering the 2 days terra mitica for £21 each this seems to be good or is it? Are we better to wait until there and see what offers there are.
The TerraMitica stand offers discount vouchers for 6€ off but a lot of the English pubs have vouchers for 12€ off. That makes it 22€ for an adult (roughly £15). That's for one day. It's not really worth going for two days as,in all truth, it isn't that big a park.

Also, if you go for one day and spend 20€ ormore on merchandise in the shops (not food, photos or keyrings) you can get a free ticket for the following day.
We are going on Thursday and have been told that macdonalds are doing 2 for 1 tickets. Seemingly you dont even have to buy anything just go in and ask for some.
You usually get the discount tickets in with the kiddies meals.
When we were there in May/June they were for Mundomar.
They entitled you to half price entry or for every paying adult, a child got in free.

Sue :)
The discount tickets in mcdonalds can also be used for terra mitica they give free entry for a child(3-12yrs) if accompanied by an adult or the 2nd day free for each adult or a 50% discount on your next visit.

Sandie
Many thanks for info. Our son will be classed has an adult so we are looking at 3 adult tickets. Sounds like many of the offers are for chidren. Will go with offer and will write with son's comments on the park. Hope the queuesare not too long
Went last Sunday about 2.30 paid in and headed for the first ride. The ride had broken down so headed to the next, that was not working either. Finally realised there was no music playing and nothing was working in the whole place. Sat around for 30 minutes waiting for rides to start again - but nothing. Headed down to the entrance to try and find out what was happening and all hell had broken out. Could not find a single person who spoke English so joined the long Q's to try and get our money back, We queued for 2 hours, people started chanting and they were shaking the booths which were giving the money back and I thought the whole place was going to go up, it might sound stupid but it was really scary when you cant understand what people are shouting. They called the police in and things quitened down again.
Went back Tuesday and everything back to normal, have made a mental note to brush up on my spanish for next time!!!
Hi laudan ... there was a major power cut on Sunday which resulted in the closure of Terra Mitica. The theme park is blaming the power company, the power company is blaming the theme park. In addition to the chaos as visitors queued to obtain refunds, there are also complaints from some visitors who say that it took more than 40 minutes to be freed from the rides which they were trapped on. Management say that normal evacuation procedures were followed and no one was ever in any danger.

Power cuts affected other parts of Benidorm on Sunday too, but it is not clear if those are related to the Terra Mitica incident.

David :wave
Thanks for the info, when I asked the rep and reception the next day if the park was open again they looked at me as if I was stupid. When we got back to our hotel the power did go off there to. In my opinion the whole thing could have been handled a lot better.
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me! :wave
I've been on the Terra Mitica website and saw that if you buy a Happy Meal or Value Meal at Mcdonalds you can get free child tickets or 2 for 1 tickets.
Does anyone know when this offer runs out? And if there are any sneaky conditions they throw in making it almost impossible to use? :yikes
Thanks in advance! :D
Hi cant tell you when they run out but no sneaky conditions, used them in August and got the kids in for free no bother.
Thanks for that Laudan.
It's so annoying because my nephew is 13 so is classed as an adult now, I hate paying full price for kids!
At least we'll be able to get my niece in.
went to terra mitica last sunday and mcdonalds were still giving out the 2 for 1 tickets, i had to buy a meal for 6 euros and that saved me 34 euros great value...cant wait till we go again.
That's really handy to know, thanks zultar69.
I'm sure I won't have to persuade my nephew to eat a large chicken nugget meal so I can get a voucher!
Off tomorrow morning.
Hi everyone
Could anyone please tell me how much the tickets are for terra mitcha and the water park? We are thinking of going to beni this year and would like to visit both of these, Also are there any offers ( 7 days for the price of 3 ) That sort of thing.
I have checked around the web but cant find a site for them both.
Thanks
Kerrie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.