France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
TGV to Nice
6 Posts
day return

Could you please clarify this as to which route you are referring to?
Hi!
Don't really care but it must be a return from Nice that can be travelled at the high speed. Is that possible?
i.e. wouldn't want to have to travel to another city at slow speed to connect with a fast train
If that was the case would have to forgo the experience.
OK Toasted Mallow! I undestand better now. I'll have a look and get back to you but it may take some time as SNCF do not always show all their routes all year round. In which month are you hoping to travel?
The TGV (T is for Train) reaches Nice but the LGV (L is for Ligne) does not, at present it only makes it to Marseilles. The trains run direct from Paris (and Lille for Eurostar connections) to Nice but the bit along the coast is on ordinary lines not high speed. There is an extension planned to get high speed through to Nice but the current target date is 2020.

Regular viewers of Top Gear will recall that this journey was part of one of their carefully staged challenges when they raced to Monte Carlo.
Thx Steve. That's what I wanted to know. I had heard that the TGV had made it to Nice but obviously duff information!
Thanks too Alsace for your help :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.