Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
me too! I like the look of the Hilton Rangali. I especially like the suites that have the glass floors. How cool is that. They are pretty expensive but I would love to have the chance to stay there. I'm not sure if I would pay the extra, so I would love to get an opinion from anybody who has stayed in them and whether or not they are worth the extra £'s. We would be thinking of going around beginning of April. What is the weather likely to be then? Cheers! :?
Hi Maryjo,

I hadnt even noticed the glass floor suites!! I need to go and check those out. I love the look of the water bungalows though.

We were thinking of going Feb time so we can max out in the sun. But it all does depend on flight prices for us. We really want a non-stop flights from Manchester with an airline that offers an upgrade that doesnt cost the earth. Here's hoping :D

Emma
Emmaj, Do you know which airlines fly direct? I think we will need to fly down to Manchester or London as I doubt there will be any flights from Scotland. I found a site that showed the rooms at hilton Rangali with a 365 degree tour. Even the cheapest rooms look lovely. The suites with the glass floors(I think it is in the sitting room)look really nice! Nice price too! Now I cannot remember the site I found the pictures on. I will need to try and find it again. How long are you planning on going for. I am thinking about doing a 2-centre holiday ?maybe with Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but not sure if that is possible. Has anyone done this? How long would it take from Dubai to Maldives or vice versa. I don't know yet which one I would go to first? Hoping to hear from someone who has already stayed at the Hilton and what they thought of it. Cheers
Maryjo,
if you are thinking of doing two centres then you could do Dubai/Maldives using Emirates flying from Glasgow.
thanks Sunbear, Does Emirates fly on to Maldives from Dubai or would it be another airline from Dubai? How long would the flight from dubai to Maldives be? Anyone been to maldives at the beginning of april? What was the weather like? Cheers! Maryjo
The onward flight to he Maldives would be with Emirates as well
Thanks again sunbear. Emmaj, Did you know there is an underwater restaurant due to open soon as well? This resort is sounding better all the time. Hope someone responds to our messages who has stayed there recently. I would love to get a first hand report of the resort. Cheers
Hi Maryjo,

I did read about the underwater restaurant and Ive had flash backs of Jaws 2 ever since lol!

We would like to go for two weeks but it all depends on how many hilton honors points hubby can earn, its looking good though so we will only have to pay for our flights and meals.

I think Manchester is the best way fly for us (we've about an hour from Birmingham airport) I really liked the look of the Airtours flight prices but its sounds like its not non-stop even though they say its direct.

I doubt we will get to go here before either Oct 2006 or Feb 2007 but hey I like to plan ahead.

I hope lots of people here visit when the resort re-opens, i would love to hear all about it.

Oh and Dubai is on my list of places that I must visit at some point - it looks amazing.

Happy planning.

Emma
The more i look into this holday the more i want to go NOW! ALso I think a stop over (even if for one night only) in Dubai on the way back sounds wonderful. I love to shop and as I wont be abel to do a lot of that in the Maldives, a stop off in duty free heaven on the way home spunds perfect to me.

Emma
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.