General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
We saw a similar thing going to and coming back from Kenya, a woman wheeled through Manchester airport and on to the plane and then off again at Mombasa and similar on the way back, however she happened to be at the same hotel as us in Kenya and never had any problems there, swimming in the pools, walking along the beach going for dinner or visiting the bar.

It got her and her family straight through the airport and on to planes both way with no queing.
This sort of behaviour SO annoys me :banghead: My Mum just wouldn't be able to travel anywhere without assistance like this but I worry that if others keep exploiting it for trivial reasons like being able to board first then it could end up being withdrawn or else those who do need it being regarded with suspicion.

Two weeks ago we had a brilliant week in Edinburgh but it was only made possible by the helpfulness and consideration of the train staff, taxi drivers and pub staff who in one instance literally lifted her electric scooter up the steps for her. I just wish that those who exploit the goodwill of others in the way you both describe could experience what it REALLY feels like to have rely on it and feel so dependent on other people. Perhaps they wouldn't be so ready to take advantage.

SM
Take photos of them on your mobile if they're at the same hotel as you and then when they get in their wheelchair again at the airport, show the photos to everyone in the queue, including the check-in staff and to the phantom "invalid"...
If I were in your shoe, I'd politely talk to that person if I saw him/her at the same hotel or flight and is doing fine. I'd be telling that person what a great miracle happen to him/her - just to let him/her know that I know his/her dirty little secret.
On a slightly different note, I did a medical report on a guy who claimed that his mobility was severely limited due to back/leg pain...

Less than a week later I saw him in a club, dancing like mad... so I walked up to him and said "I see your back's got better" - he nearly died there on the spot... I didn't hear anything more about his claim of disability...

ATB,J.
Talking of miracles we had a laugh in Malta, we were staying in Marsaxlokk and while sitting on our balcony we observed a man pushing a lady in her wheelchair up the slope to where the chapel is located, after mass the lady comes sprinting out the chapel while hubby is now pushing an empty wheelchair, a miracle indeed :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.