Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
oh lucky you.....enjoy! :D
Hope you all have a wonderful time - look forward to reading your blogs!
I hope you carry on writing the blog Alan, rather than sitting on one. :rofl
ewww just imagine it

day 1

there are 3426 tiles in this bathroom

day 2

97 of those have a crack in it.
Ah well, best laid plans.

The power here can at times be a bit flaky, as can the internet connection. Yesterday the electricity died at about 3:30, and was restored around seven; by then the interent had fallen over and didn't get back up until this afternoon.

Popped up to see how Swiss was getting along with establishing the new observation post on Tuesday afternoon - just as he had to heaad off to the port to collect a party of incoming guests, but I hung around for a dip in the Swisspool and snorkle over the Swissreef before taking a gentle stroll back down the beach picking out the White-cheeked terns and Slender billed gull in the lagoon with my binoculars - Alvin's were trained on the girls on the beach, of course.

These last two days the wind has built up from the south in late afternoon - for the first time I've seen waves on the Nuweib Hilton beach that weren't caused by a passing ferry. Made for an interesting last dip in the sea, and the Italian restaurant was quite pleasant to dine in last night. A few minor changes there - mainly that they now have a board with pizza choices (Hawaiian, Rome, etc) rather than the point-and-cook choice of toppings there were before.

But perhaps the best change for the better is that the beach bar is now open to 8pm - ideal for one last cool, refreshing diet cola before showering for dinner...
Indeed, on Tuesday night the normal poolside entertainment was moved onto the beach - perhaps a safety measure as they had a young lady dancing with fire.. :!: Before the obligatory belly dance show.

Well, by now trouble and laughter will be on it's way to Swisscare - we'll have to wander up after dinner for a cool drink together in the Swisspub...

May go to Dahab over the weekend to dive the Blue Hole - everyone uses Nitrox because of the mountain pass coming home...

Ok - the pool, or maybe the sea, is calling............
You sound as though you are having a great time Al,
Keep us posted when you can mate.

say hello to everyone for me please especially little walid and ask him if hes looking after the sunglasses I gave him.
Poor old Carrot - boarded on time at Gatwick yesterday, then the plane developed a fault and they were stuck on the ground for a couple of hours. Eventually emerged at Sharm airport ages after Ev and Dolphin had arrived (on a later flight). They all travelled up to Swisscare together, but didn't arrive until around 11pm. Alvin was there to greet them though, binoculars in hand...
Oh, and to make matters even worse poor old Roger left his duty free brandy behind on the plane :roll:

Today I've been learning to dive with Nitrox, may sound boring but I was able to spend afternoon tea 18 meters underwater with Tommy (or as some of the locals call him - Barney; he has several large barnacles growing on his shell). I couldn't eat of course, but Tommy was tucking into a tasty Broccoli Coral salad. Pictures to follow.

Well, right now John and Wendy are stalking around the Hilton, reintroducing themselves to everyone and preparing the way for their second week when they will move down from the Swisscare - I must go and show them my photos...
Poor Rog :bawl

I know how I'd feel :evil: delayed once, then again at Sharm-----plus losing the duty free :x
Alan is Nitrox a requirement for the Dahab trip.

thks

dazer
Hope everyone is having a great time. Look forward to further installments and the photos. Caro :)
Sorry it's been a couple of days - usually combination of flaky internet, and my daughter learning the username and password for my interne taccess and blowing all my credit.

Yes, Dazer, Nitrox is a requirement for the Dahab trip, two 30m dives then the journey home over the pass - everyone uses it it, but non-EANx qualified divers do the trip as a Nitrox try-dive.

Actually, Dahab was great fun. Two dive classics. The Canyn involves entering from the shore, swimming across a small lagoon ad out into the open water, crossing the coral until at 18m yo find a crack in the reef plate - now it's head forst down to about 30m before easing back up through the canyon, emerging into the open again through another hole and at about 14m - then potter back to the lagoon.
The second dive starts at The Bells, another small crack in the reef - this time it's a 'giant' stride entry int a patch of water about 2m by 3m, fins on, then head first all the way to 30m - ideally emerging into the ble water through the arch at 27m - but the guys infront of me 'bottled-out' and went over the arc and without realising I followed, from here it;'s a gentle dive along a 900m deep coral wall slowly rising until entering the world famousBlue Hole - with it's freedivers going down to stupid depths wth no air - before climbing out onto a small jetty.
The day finishes with a trip into Dahab - a few drinks and a very nice steak fo rlunch at the recommended restarant and home by 5pm to catch the last few rays.
Oh, and Tommy showed up off the hotel jetty. Perfect day :!:

Monday - Dor and co arrived rather late, met them all yesterday at Swisscare and lunchtime today we shall wander up to meet with Everest, Dolphin (& Blake), Carrot (& Mrs Carrot), Dor (and Jack and Jim) and Pippy with Phyll (& Pip's two daughters) to celebrate (slightly belated) Swiss' big 5-0...

Bye for now
Don t believe a word he says.... with the size of his tum now, I doubt very much if he could squeeze through any small cracks !!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We all met up at Swisscare yesterday - lazy afternoon in the pool and on the beach. Then at dinner we presented Swiss with his birthday present from all of us; the new season Spurs replica shirt with 'Alvin' and his special squad number, '50' printed on the back. I bought an XL 'cos wanted him to wear it rather than hang it on the wall in the pub...
Why do you want him to hang it on the wall in the pub?

I thought he already had a dartboard :o :lol:
We had a fab time at the Swisscare on Wednesday and Thursday, thanks to all the lovely HT members we met :wink

Was lovely seeing Swiss again and I thoroughly enjoyed being man-handled by him in reception just before our departure! :kiss :love :love2 :rofl

Mum got locked in the loo and had to be rescued by a member of staff. Mrs Carrot and I are of the opinion she wanted to be caught in a compromising position by said man! :lol:

I attempted to snorkel with Swiss then disgraced myself by having a panic attack when my mask filled with water so I had to return to the beach :oops: :oops: I'm a wimp, I need a jetty (or jet ski as Carrot thought I said!) :lol:

Everyone, go to the Swisscare at Nuweiba! What a great place!

P.S Swiss, I forgot to tell you Nats pulled the shower curtain down in our room on the afternoon of our departure! I did try to put it back up but I'm too short! Sorry :kiss
What a strange thing to do. Was she practicing for the next Psycho film or what ?

:wink:
She was hiding from dragonflies :lol: No, she pulled the curtain (too hard me thinks!) and it came down! :oops:
Ah well, all good things must come to an end. 46 minutes 'til the transfer bus leaves.
Sorry not to have kept you all better informed, combination of flaky net connection and too busy enjoying myself.

Last night a crowd of us gathered in the Abou Lou Lou restaurant for a mass birthday celebration - I think for four fellow holidaymakers, including of course, our man mountain, Everest.
Today he is sitting on the beach pretending to be highly embarrassed - something to do with a bottle of fake champagne and two dozens balloons I brought over with me...

See you back in blighty tomorrow...
Finally found some to time to lift the images off my camera.

I've added a few personal favourites to the HT photo gallery, more to come, but for now look in the Upload section - & before long I expect they'll 'migrate' to the Egypt underwater section...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.