Costa Blanca Video Library

Costa Blanca - Videos of resorts and hotels filmed by holidaytruths members. [b]Please note: All these hotel and resort videos are made by members and are not commercial videos.[/b]
Brilliant Sanji ;)

I will be seeing it next year cant wait :)
Great display, guests at the Cristal Park and Primavera Park must have had a fantastic view.

David :wave
Please feel free to discuss the video clip here, but if you have any specific questions or comments about Christmas & New Year in Benidorm ... please click here.

David :wave
Hi Sanji.
I got goose bumps again, it was special wasn't it? I actually had a lump in my throat during it,
I thought it was very moving

I haven't looked at my video footage yet.

Lizzie.
Hi Lizzie.
Yes, I'm glad someone else found it moving, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up....you have to be there to witness thousands and thousands of men, women and children, all gathered around waiting for the display.
I think the music they use and the way the fireworks are co-ordinated to explode at certain points in the music ....all adds to the effect.

I also think the new place (under the town hall) is the perfect spot for the parade to end and the fireworks, although they had a few problems getting the floats up the entrance to the park.

I've got the video on my hard drive and I can't stop watching it. :D

Sanji x
Hi Sanji
Just watched your Firework video (instead of getting on with my chores!!)
It was absolutely lovely and made me wish I had been there to see it.
You should be really proud of your videos and I'm sure they give a lot of pleasure
to all HT members.
I am going to take another look at your Altea video as we hope to go up to to the church
there when we go at the end of the month.
regards Sue
Thanks Sue.

I'm slowly getting through editing the parade, it's a dilemma what to cut out and what to leave in, when you're trying to pack so much into a small space.

Sanji http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/7963/sanay1.gif
Great display Sanji, thankyou for sharing it with us.

Sue :)
Here's part one of the Three Kings Parade in Benidorm.
You only get one shot at something like this and if you get it wrong, then :bawl

Last year I was positioned on a well-lit street and with all the Christmas lights and the existing street lights, I got a light "bleed" from them, which splintered throughout the video.

I found a spot that looked just the perfect place away from the Christmas lights, but I'm disappointed that some parts of the video are dark, plus the position was near the end of the parade and consequently the participants were "backing up" against each other, as they entered the final stage of the parade into the entrance of the park.

I've cut out a lot of the "centurions", there must have been hundreds upon hundreds in the parade"¦. IMO, the geese were the stars of the show again. :smile:

[attachment=0]kings1.wmv[/attachment]

NB: This video is a member's video and not a commercial / Hotel / Tour Operator video.
Hi Sanji,

Great bit of video there?

What are some of the participants of the parade throwing at the crowds?

Mark :)
Part 2 of the Three Kings Parade which took place on the 5th January in Benidorm.
This was followed by a fantastic fireworks display.

Enjoy and thanks for watching.

[attachment=0]kings2.wmv[/attachment]

NB: This video is a member's video and not a commercial / Hotel / Tour Operator video.
Nice video Sanji.
The geese were brill again, so were the horses, I'm sure one was 'dancing' again!!
I've just watched all my footage, and am now feeling rather depressed. :cry wish we were still there.

Lizzie.
Great bit of video there?
What are some of the participants of the parade throwing at the crowds?

Thanks Mark.

They throw kilo's and Kilo's of boiled sweets into the crowd and believe me they hurt if they hit you in the face....you also have to take care of the lens on the end of the camcorder...plus your spectacle's if you wear them, as they don't come cheap these days either.

Still good fun though...l like to live dangerously. :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
That reminds me of the days when I was a child and we celebrated "carneval" over in the Netherlands. There was a similar parade with the participants in it throwing sweets into the crowd.

That stopped some years after due a little child being killed by one of the floats whilst he was trying to get some sweets from the street :(

Mark :)
That stopped some years after due a little child being killed by one of the floats whilst he was trying to get some sweets from the street

Mmmmm yes well.....
No offence to any Scottish members, but stood next to me were a couple and their children, the boy was determined to pick up every sweet that fell on the road and his father was screaming at him, encouraging him....he came too close for comfort to the floats at times....I didn't realise just how much of him I had picked up on the camcorder, I've edited him out as best I could.
Like I say, please no offence, but this brat was pushing little Spanish kiddies out of the way.

I'm disappointed in the video being dark, :cry: but that' s just me trying to be a perfectionist...I did say trying :rofl

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Sanji my Son had his hood nearly full of sweets and never once went in the street, there is no need they throw so many don't they? did you notice that they started off quite small sweets and then got bigger?
I forgot to duck and a big one hit me in the eye. :duh
Hi Lizzie.
I don't know where you were stood, but being stood nearly at the end of the parade as we were, they were throwing sweets all over the place, as if they had to get rid of them at the end.

No, there was no need to go into the street, all those that David caught, he passed down to a little Spanish girl who was far too small to scramble with the "brat".
All the kiddies were happy enough picking the sweets up that landed by the side of the road, near the plastic chairs, but oh no, not this one, he had to keep going into the middle of the road inbetween the floats...there's always one, but he was being encouraged by his father screaming at him. :no you can hear him on part 2...I didn't quite manage to cut him out.

When I stepped of my plastic chair, the seat was full of sweets that had landed at my feet....we gave them to the little girl, bless her....her eyes were like two big brown almonds with the longest eyelashes I have ever seen on a child, she was beautiful.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Edited by Sanji 2008-01-16 22:50:04
The Three Kings Parade videos were brilliant, especially the geese. I don't know how they keep them all together. You must spend hours doing the videos but I'm sure HT members appreciate your hard work.
You must spend hours doing the videos but I'm sure HT members appreciate your hard work.

Hiya
Thankyou, yes, they are very time consuming and I'll let you into a little secret, but don't tell anyone will you.?
I never got dressed the other day, I was still in my pyjamas at 4 pm, :oops: after breakfast I started sorting out all the footage I had taken and only intended having an hour in front of the computer....it just didn't work out that way, so I stayed in my pyjamas until after dinner at 6pm, had a bath and put some clean ones on ready for bed-time. :oops:

I like doing them, I'm very critical of the video's and always find the mistakes afterwards, but I'm not a professional, it's just a hobby, but I do get despondent when I get no feedback for them and at times I wonder why I bother...... I don't mean I want you all to say how wonderful I am, I don't mean that at all....

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.