Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well I appreciate what you are saying.....however we also booked into Blue Dog Parking at Gatwick and they managed to do a refund to our account within 24 hrs of the flight being cancelled. So Thomas Cook and/or Vacation Travel should have been able to do this sometime in the last 7 -8 weeks.
If you booked via Vacation Travel then that's who Thomas Cook would issue the refund too - not you direct. Did you book the car parking through Vacation Travel too? Or did you book this direct? If you did then this might be why they were able to process your refund so much quicker. Is it possible that the real problem is with Vacation Travel making excuses rather than Thomas Cook being slow to make the refund to them? From the sound of it, the people you should be complaining too and pushing for the money are Vacation Travel as the agent you booked with - they are the supplier you had your contract with regardless of which airline the actual flights were with.

SM
Yes - we did book direct with the car parking.

I have been pursuing the travel agent - but they have not been too helpful....in fact one of their agents actually hung up on me at one point - although her manager did ring back to apologise the next day!

Thomas Cook blame the agency for the fact that their credit card details ran out and they were not able to make the payment earlier.

Vacation Travel blame Thomas Cook - saying that they have not responded to their requests for payment - so it is difficult to get to the bottom of it.

They assure me I will get the refund eventually - I am just curious to know how others have got on and whether they are still waiting too.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.