Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I do hope that the good reviews keep coming in as i am going in October. :)
We are booked on Thomsons Dream for sept 14th 2010 for a week. After reading the reviews and hearing from people with personal experience of the trip we are seriously considering changing to another cruise or cancelling all together. Have had assurance from Thomsons that all problems have been fixed and that everything is running smoothly. Don't know what to do! Can anyone give any advice especially people who have recently returned from this cruise.
The only thing i can suggest, is click on the site above and look at their reviews and just keep checking on review sites to see if Thomsons have indeed sorted the problems out.
They still have time, if the reviews keep coming back with the same problems I would advise you do change to another ship or a hotel.

I truley hope they have.

I do believe that once it has been in for its refurbishment, and sorted all the plumbing problems then this could be Thomsons DREAM ship.
As it stands at the end of may,(when i was aboard) it was not fit for humans to sail on.

Hope this helps!
:whoops SORRY Luci, iam not trying to deter people away from this site, i just think two sites are better than one, aspecially when you are making a decision based on customer feedback.

You have to have been on board the Thomson Dream (my Dates) on the 18th may 2010- 1st june 2010 to understand.

:cheers
Well as you realise the value of reviews for those going in the near future, it would benefit members if you could post a review in the link posted earlier.

luci :wave
Gosh, i am getting really worried now, as when i booked it i thought we were going on new and modern ship :!:
We we very tempted to cancel but are very glad we didn't. We went on the Dream 1st-8th of June and were really very impressed.There was a slight whiff in the stairwells when we first embarked but we didn't smell it again.We were on deck 7 and had no problems with the plumbing and the water was always hot.All the terrible reviews made us extremely anxious before we went but we really had a great week.
Just returned from the 'Thomson Nightmare'. I Totally agree with the past compliants. Our cabin was on deck 9. The bathroom flooded twice during the week. (Once when my wife was drying her hair with the hair dryer.) Futhermore electricity and water do not mix very well! There was no deck chairs what so ever on the Promenade deck, however in the CREW ONLY areas there where plenty of deck chairs tied up not being used. I have travelled on various Thomson Ships many of times and have not experienced any problems! In my opinion this ship should be withdrawn from service untill the problems are solved. Lastly compensation should be given to passengers who's holidays where spolied by the outrageous problems on board.
I do hope that Thomson have now fixed the plumbing problems and smells etc after I had 2 weeks of hell on the Dream rescently.

But my issue still remains even if they have fixed the problems the carpets all over the ship are still badly stained and threadbare from so much washing and drying, it makes the ship look very tatty and shabby so my advise would remain if you want the luxury you expect from the price you have paid book a different ship!!!!
just reading Kendo 123 reply and I take it all back looks like the problems are still there with the plumbing and I understand the dangers of having the hairdryers in the bathroom???? What were they thinking?
PS If there is anyone from Wales who have just returned from a cruise on the Thomson Dream and wish their complaint and experience known contat X-ray they are running a feature in the next few weeks....
Have just cancelled holiday! Am not convinced problems will be fixed until ship gets a full refurbishment in the autumn. Disappointed but hey you cant win them all! :(
It seems that ally-cheese had a good time on the Dream and kendo123 did not! Just goes to show that opinions are just that - opinions. I'm happy to wait until 10 August when I can make my mind up for myself.
Danger man
I agree opinions are just that - opinions But so are standards, people have different standards, what do you expect from a 5* accomadation???

If you notice most of the problems are on certain floors, mine was 5, others are 9.

If you can pre-book your cabin floor.
I don't think The Dream was ever a 5 star ship even when owned by Costa. All Thomson's are designated 3.5 as far as I'm aware. They are old, which means they're not resort ships, which do have more facilities. Like large hotels extra facilities come at a price and not just financially. That is why Thomson's and Olsen with their smaller older ships have been so successful- up to now :)
carolandrob

Yes this is some of the argument, i was sold this cruise as many others were as a 5* luxury ship.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.