UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
With your little girls I'd go for Paignton much more suited to children and families.

Lovely beach, paington zoo, the pier etc

You can always visit Torquay its just the next resort over.

Sarah
Thank you Sarah 1 vote for Paignton, we would be near the goodrington end is that ok too?
I like the 'Goodrington end' - near the lovely little harbour and Fairy Cove, nice walk over Roundham onto the seafront at Goodrington (and on all the way to Brixham if you like - with a few beaches, coves and cafes along the way - then catch the ferry back).
Easy to get to Torquay by sea or bus from Paignton, plenty to do in an evening.
Wednesdays can get busy when all the bikers descend on the prom - they pay a quid each to charity then park up and admire one anothers machines, not threatening, actually can be good fun.
Thanks Alan just booked the Paington one here's hoping :D
:D Hi you will have a great time in Paignton,i use to take my kids all the time when they were little,lovely beach,great pier,plenty of nice places to eat etc,look out for broadsands beach its just outside Goodrington,if you can find its lovely,with easy carparking,a cafe for food refreshments and lots of little rock pools.
Also take a ride into Brixham,a lovely little fishing village,with again some nice places to eat and some nice little shops to browse in.You can also take the kids crabbing.its great fun,mine loved doing this when they were little and still enjoy it now and me lad is 16!!!
Hope you have a great time and the weather is nice for you,luv,Maz,xxx.
I live in Paignton and think you have chosen the best place with having two little girls. We love Goodrington, especially the beaches there.

At the moment we are forecast a lovely sunny Bank Holiday Weekend :D I just hope it stays like that for you :P
... a lovely sunny Bank Holiday Weekend :lol: I just hope it stays like that...

Oh, I hope so too - we'll be doing battle with the Bank Holiday traffic early on Saturday - heading down to a favourite B+B near the harbour for a couple of nights :lol:
You could also try Brixham 8)
You really have made a great choice --- had many a happy family holiday in Goodrington and at the harbour end as a child and since then as a couple and with my husband and elderly parents ---------- Paignton over Torquay any and every day.

Have a great time

x
[code]Oh, I hope so too - we'll be doing battle with the Bank Holiday traffic early on Saturday - heading down to a favourite B+B near the harbour for a couple of nights [/code]

Good luck. :lol: The traffic today into town was horrendous from eleven this morning :shock: So glad I know the back roads

Hope you have a lovely holiday :P
Well - the traffic was almost non-existent for the Bank Holiday weekend. Perhaps it's just the times we travelled. Left home at 5:20am (NW Leics) and parked outside our B+B just after 9:30, having taken time out at the roadside cafe at Kingskerswell for breakfast (very good too).

Returned home leaving Paignton at 9:10 last night, filled the petrol tank at Cullompton services and were home by 12:30.

Lovely weather, shame there was a bit of sea lettuce about - made swimming in the shallows a bit messy.
Thanks to all for the advice we had a brilliant time. Our apt was near Goodrington beach and we could quite easily have been in Spain with the weather that we had. Booked again for August with apt overlooking the beach this time.Bit pricey but worth it. Booked with Blue Chip Vacations again.

Thanks again
Oh I am so glad you choose the right place and the right week for sunshine too - makes all the difference having the sun out here.

Weather is now wet and cold.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.