Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
train trips
5 Posts
Hi there,we have never done a train trip by ourselves and this year we are going with Daytripper to hampi,which includes train travel - will book it with them when in resort (save a lot of hassle)
Plenty of people make the trip to Mumbai via train (about 14-16 hours ?) and very cheap ticket costs,hope someone else can give you the info you maybe after.
Hi, we have been on the train to Mumbai in 2nd class A/C sleeper. It was an overnight train and we had no problems whatsoever, in fact it was one of the better trains that we have travelled on.We have been on trains in several in differant asian countries and some african ones too. The journey time from Tivim which is the nearest station to Baga, Candolim or Calangute is roughly 12 hours depending on which station in Mumbai. Hope this helps . Be safe, B
The journey to Hampi is wonderful, lots to see along the way and you certainly meet some interesting people. I remember seeing field upon field of sunflowers, absolutely stunning!
I'd recommend 2nd class NON A/C, as the A/C carriages have sealed tinted windows so you miss everything on the outside. NON A/C is cool and airy because of the draught from the fully opened windows. I'd also recommend the food at Hubli station on the journey to Hampi, it's famous for the omlettes which are freshly cooked on the platform......absolutely delicious!!!
GFF
Thanks for the info gff - can't wait to go !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.