Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
KKN2003,

It's not 3 hours. By private taxi and depending on where you're going in Marmaris, its about 80-90 minutes. By coach with a tour operator, including a 15 minute comfort break, it's about 2 hours but maybe longer depending on how many drop-offs there are.

Darren
we use private transfers which take approx 80 mins x

tour operators coaches do take longer due to stop off and also depending on number of drop offs they have x
From Marmaris Park Hotel including two pick ups and the comfort break took 1hr 55mins the other week. Not very happy about it and have complained to Thomson. The plane was still on the ground at Manchester. Was two hours late into Dalaman.

Really is time they got their act together. The internet makes checking up a simple matter these days so the transfer rep telling people everything is on time is a farce.

fwh
thanks guys ... i thought 3 hours was a bit long !! 2 hours i can handle !!!

are these comfort breaks "compulsory"? or does the drive sometimes skip them ?
tour operators coaches always stop!

If you have a private taxi transfer then you can say you just want to go straight there x
If i was you i would book a transfer,the time to get to your accomadation depends on how many stops the coach has to make,ours took 3 hours as we were the last drop off last year,and we said that we would stick to a private transfer in future. :sun2
we use 11 seater shuttle buses so there is harldy any drop offs and the hotel we go too is centre of resort so we are always on the bus that has us first drop off :)
Distance: 94 km. , approximate transfer time: 100 min.(private transfer) :)
Hi FWH
I think that even if the holiday rep,s know the plane is delayed they still like to get you to the airport so that they will not have to re-schedule the transport also once you are at the airport you are someone elses problem :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.