Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Fiona wrote:
Has anyone recommendations for cab firms please? I know I can get suggestions by googling but I always like to hear which ones are as good as their word ;)

Last Sept, I used a company called AGI, they were very highly recomended by a lot of people on the http://www.palladiumaddict.net which was the resort we were at. In fact I am just going to book them again for when we go back this Sept.
No problems locating them on exiting airport and a quick transfer to resort which is 20 mins further past Playa.
Enjoy your holiday

David
I think I will stick with the one I was looking at yesterday USA Transfers. They seem to have good reviews and come out as cheaper. Thanks for the link though :)
We are off to Cancun next month and will either be booked our transfer with USA Transfers or Lomas Travel ...... both had very good reviews.

Regards,
Pat
Hi Fiona,

Can I ask what transfer you have booked with them ..... is it the VIP transfer (van/SUV)? We want to book the SUV which is $150 round trip to our hotel (El Dorado Seaside Suites) but according to their website it can be either a van or SUV. Did you pay through PayPal ...... hope you don't mind me asking!

Regards,
Pat
I don't mind at all. We have a private transfer and its a van- there are just 2 of us. We didn't have to pay anything in advance. You pay your driver the full amount. We are $109 round trip.
I was thinking about the ADO bus because that seems to be quick and have good reviews but we would have an hour after landing before the last bus and I thought that was just too tight.
Hi Fiona,

I'm not sure if I have the correct website for them ...... INVALID URL as the site looks totally different to the one that I looked at previously a couple of weeks ago. Also, it is also showing that unless we pay up front it will cost more to pay upon arrival!!

Is this the same address that you used?

Many thanks,
Pat
Pat- just had a proper look at the weblink you got. Its no longer USA transfers as the domain name is up for sale.
Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the link ..... that is the one that I was originally looking at. Yes, I do notice that the other one is up for sale, but it just threw me as both of them were USA Transfers .... confused me LOL!

I 've just looked at the Entertainment Plus web site, and it state's transfer is by either car or van. I've tried their live chat link to ask if they use SUV cars, but never received a reply. Would you happen to know if they use them?

Thanks for your help ...... appreciated.

Inccidently, they are coming up $30 cheaper than the other company!
Yes I thought yours couldn't that much more than my quote. Just checked - my initial confirmation says van. But the follow up individual itineries state it's a car. Well- something is turning up :rofl
I've just been reading through the TA reviews on the company, and read one dated 17th June saying that Entertainment Plus and USA Transfers are the same company!!

Did you receive confirmation of your booking immediately after booking?

Pat
sorry Pat. I missed your post. Yes we got immediate confirmation. And then we got the details sent a couple of hours later
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.