Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Has anybody been recently now that the renovations have been completed with new rooms etc?
Anybody got the email address for the Tropicana Jasmine?

Cheers
Are you off there soon Graham ? Looks like you will be the one to have all the hot of the press information when you return as nobody seems to know much about it. I am looking for somewhere for this year.

Doe :sun2
Are you off there soon Graham ?

Yes we are off there for 2 weeks on the 12th :hyper not much info on the hotel, I know there was a lot of renovation work done last year which caused a few complaints, however that is finished and the latest reviews are all very good.

I will report back to you Doe with info :tup
Not long to wait then, how lovely, I hope you have a good time. I am sure it will be fine especially if it has just had a refurb and the reviews have all turned out well. You will be right in the hub of things, but with a nice place to retreat to for a bit of rest and relaxation.

Graham

How was the food in this hotel was the AI OK in relation to what you pay ? Just wondering as it could be a possibility for us in the future ?

Hi Doe :wave:

The food was very nice for the price, in fact it was far better than would have been expected, plenty of choice for breakfast including an egg station and fresh made pancakes, cereal and fruits along with cooked items.
Lunch was a full choice once again with a pasta station and some form of other fresh to order dish along with a full choice of other cooked dishes and salads.
Dinner was again the same full choice with certain dishes being made fresh to order for you, everything was always hot and fresh, regular temperature checks and dishes being replaced.

Some people did complain that there was always some foreign Egyptian dish :que on the menu every night however that appealed to me, there is also a full Egyptian Gala Night.

If you are a dessert person there was always a LARGE selection of different desserts, however there was no ice cream, plenty of fresh fruit also available.

There were snacks available from the pool bars during the day, I don't tend eat to eat snacks however I think there was chips, pizza, burger? cakes, sorry not sure what else as we didn't use it.

You have a choice of using either the restaurant at the Jasmine or the Rosetta, we found that we preferred the Jasmine as we thought the staff were nicer and more friendly, others have said they preferred the Rosetta so each to their own.

Even although we were AI we still went out for a few meals in to Naama which breaks up the routine a bit.

There was the usual local drinks available with a very limited choice of cocktails and if you are a wine drinker this is only available during meal times.

I have been very lazy since returning and not yet completed my review, it is all set out I just need to finish it but with me still not feeling just 100% and Mrs. Kiltie has not been well for a few weeks now (just diagnosed with Gallstones) I have not got round to completing it, I will finish it before the weekend for you.

As you know it is one of the cheapest hotels that comes up and we thought it was very good value :tup
Thanks so much for the report Graham, sounds like it was excellent value and the food good. I like the idea of going to one of the less expensive AI's (provided researched thoroughly) and going out to eat of an evening, makes for a great and flexible holiday. Quite keen on Egyptian food and made sure we ate at Tam Tams when we went last time. Sorry to hear about Mrs Kiltie and hope she is on the mend soon.

Hi Doe I have finally completed the review which is as honest as I could be including a couple of small personal criticisms :D

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/egypt/sinai-penninsula-and-red-sea/sharm-el-sheikh/tropicana-jasmine-club/
Brilliant review Graham. :tup I have to say that knowing how reasonably priced this hotel is &to hear all about the included tolietries, LCD TV's, great location etc I think you could pay a lot more in Sharm and get far less.

Love the bit about the (half red/half white or red/sprite combi) attempt at constructing a Rose wine though :rofl there is one thing you can always say about the Egyptians they are triers when it comes to pleasing their customers.

As ever the one thing you can't plan for or legsilate against is other guests !

Booking to go back is really a true testament to how good a hotel is.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.