Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Tsilivi
5 Posts
lady

welcome to the greek forums... have you looked at the http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/zante/tsilivi/ reviews for zakinthos yet??

wizard
i went to tilivi in october and although i loved the holiday me and my boyfriend found that protaras is a lot nicer place.

We stayed at st dennis apartments through first choice. These apartments were lovely. We had a one bed apt and it was a good size with four proper beds not sofa beds. The kitchen had everything you could ever need with a big fridge freezer. The only thing i noticed is no hot water until after 6pm?! Although this wasnt a problem for us.

The pool area was lovely, well maintained gardens and theres even a little church building on site as well as the pool bar and supermarket. I think these are situated in a good place for everything. the beach is a five minute walk away, and the lower part of the resort is also 5 minutes up the road. If you want to go to the top end of the resort then just take a shortcut down the side of planet pub! A torch is a good idea with kids though.

We didnt find the food up to much at night in the restaurants, but i think we have been spoiled in protaras! However the cheesecake and bannoffee pie is a must!! majestic was the best place we ate, although theres so many restaurants but some werent very busy because of the time of year we went. As for night time entertainment everywhere seems child friendly, there are enough tribute acts and karaoke. Our favourite bar was ark because we got to know the barmen and a few locals so that made our holiday special.

I had a brilliant time but heres a few things to know....

The beach is nowhere as nice as fig tree bay in protaras,its very narrow and not very pretty, the shops are boring and very small, on arrival you will think you have come to a dump with all the rubbish on way to resort, on departure at the airport it is AWFUL! You have to wait outside under canopies until the rep says you can go in, then its chaos going through security, and the departure lounge is cramped, smells awful, filthy and you have to sit on the floor.Do not even attempt going to the toilets. the only tiny kiosk selling snacks is way over priced. we paid 7 euro for two cans of fanta. the couple in front paid 19 euro for 2 baguettes and 2 coffees. Although they are building a new departures hall so this should be ready for 2008.
There are many street dogs around, although they just do their own thing and do not bother you.

You have to appreciate zante is a very small island and tourism is relatively new compared to some greek islands. the greek locals seem friendly enough but i dont think this island is coping well with mass tourism. it needs a clean up.

However dont let me put you off. i think tsilivi is one of those places you have to visit to see for yourself.

One last thing.....if you have a pushchair (cant remember how old your kids are) then you will find it hard to get around as pavements are not good at all. Be careful when on the roads as cars drive fast.

Hope this helps. any question feel free to email me.
as always people have differing opinions i agree about the airport but the new departures lounge may be ready next year, the beach isnt as good but how many are as good as fig tree bay, i found the meals to be better than protaros thinking of fat olives, manos grill olse vineyard to mention a few, there are a number of lively bars with the usual elvis anastacia robbie williams tributes, be aware tsilivi is in 2 halves and its 20 minutes or so from the middle of 1 to the other.
Hi loranloranloran and Daveboy,
Really good posts, i have just come back from my 8th time in Protaras, and totally agree with what you both say. Can you please have a look at my post from the 14th of October 2007, and in particular the one from Ramage 9, as he seems to have a go at me, unfair in my opinion, I did respond to him, but he seems to have gone very quiet.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.