Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Dannyboy, i have been to both destinations and i personnally prefer Morrocco -
Tunisia is very nice but i had a bad experience in Tunisia so i was put off - If you have got children then either destinations but if it is a holiday for you and your partner then go to Morrocco.
If you are travelling alone then either again...
Which hotels are you considering????

Curlylocksm
Hi

Thanks for your reply , we were considering the royal kenz in tunisia but we feel morroco might be more adult orientated ?

Dan
hi there,definatley go to agadir,theres some really nice bars and restaurants and even good nightclubs. its very safe to walk around and very comopolitian.there is some work going on around the resort as its very up and coming.as my husband is from there we have just bought property there ourselves.any questions feel free to ask. debbie x
hi agadirqueen been reading your input on agair and its sounds promising.Im going to stay at the al moggar with my hubby and 2 children and one school friend have you got any info on the place we are staying as im getting a little nervous now.My oldest daughter who is 16 has special needs and mentally is not a 16 year old we are a little worried of people making comments etc as she likes to play like a young little girl.Also what type of weather can we expct as im hoping hot hot hot many thanks christine
hi , the al moggar has a lovely pool area and the animation staff are great. your daughter will be fine.my husband has many friends who work there and we always go in for a drink.we have stayed there a few times. the best rooms are opposite the pool and have a nice terrace. try emailing the hotel for one of these roomsthe food is ok,i dont know if you are going bb are half board.there are nice places also to eat ouside,go for a stroll to the new marina. come out the beach entrance and turn right. also try the many bars along the beach front(turn left)carry on towards mcdonalds and back onto the main road. there is the english pub. take the little train that takes you around agadir infront of the little zoo(valley of the birds)also this is just before the english pub.the weather will be good,sometimes there is an early morning mist. please ask about anything else debbie x
hi

we are still trying to make our minds up re morocco or turkey.

keep reading reviews on this and that hotel, and, really cant make up mind!!!!

want a quiet hotel/with beach, and R&R to chill out, but want all inc, just getting now in a pickle about finding something for first or 2nd week in september
Hi agadirqueen many thanks for all that information it has put my mind at rest now.Im so looking forward to going to morocco as i have a friend who went and she loved it really excited.One more question we normally take sterling travelers cheques is that a good idea that way at least our money is insured look forward to your reply christine :thanks :thanks
hi, yes of course you can take travellers cheques, but i and most i know just take stirling or use the atm machines.make sure you just change what you need or keep receipts to change your money back. there is an exchange desk as soon as you get your cases.just change a small amount there and then use the hotel or banks to change more. the rate is supposed to be the same everywhere,but we always change ours at the nearby shop just down from the almoggar.(come out the beach side and turn left.the shop sells ice cream and all your usual t shirts and sun creams.) its always been a good rate there. debbie x
so where is every one staying at in morocco?

agadir?
what hotel??
any suggestions?

we wanted a good quiet relaxing, R&R hotel , pref AI, no kids, no animation, with beach, pref private or quiet, and just the chilling out
we just booked for me, my partner and our little girl, all inclusive for 1 week at the carribean village agador and the total price with insurance was 780 pounds.... bargain!!
mattandkaren
Hiya :wave:

were looking at going to Caribbean village agador have had a look on the reviews and are very good cater well for the kids food is great but one thing i will say don't pay to much about the reviews

:offtop

were going to Egypt December 1st to HV and the reviews 3 months ago were so crap
and then they changed and are fantastic now
so when are you going ?
who are you booked with ?

yeah you have got a bargain
we was looking and we got a price 2 adults 2 kids 13 and 11
for 2 weeks AI 4th October 2009 £1920 we did not think that was bad but looking at your price know your only going for 1 week and have 1 child but still
maybe i will check again
bye 4 now
shandygirlx :)
Morocco is vary varied and cosmopolitian. there is lot to do and it is afe and secure. I am not about tunisia.
Agadir is suitable to all age groups and couple, singles etc.
Agadir can be very foggy during the day in late July/August which results in much cooler weather than anywhere else in Morocco.
Sea fogs coming off the Atlantic get trapped in the resort due to the Mountains and can sometimes last nearly all day.
Those wanting you to book your holiday in Agadir will not tell you this,and once you are there you can't do anything about it except put on a cardi.
Everywhere else in Morocco is sizzling hot though so it is safe to book anywhere else.
we were thinking of the kenz in pek but because of building work might change to morroco. can you tell me what the weather is like from mid october and is it better to go a/i or h/b,considering we do like a drink or three(!) i know its pretty cheap in tunisia to eat and drink,is the case in agadir?
thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.