Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkish Bath
4 Posts
greetings Kimi . In my experience the best turkish baths are the ones in the towns . thats where the local turkish people go ,(as opposed to the ones in hotels ) they are called hamams .they are mainly in very old buildings such as the one in Fethiye . you start away in a comfortably warm room and douse youself with cold water from a constantly running tap then into a hotter room again dousing yourself with cold water whichmakes you sweat profusely . then you are called to lie on the marble table and are given the wash by the big burley attendants with muscles like Garth or desperate Dan with sand paper gloves and then all your joints are manipulated vigourously (tell them if you have any problem areas beforehand ) even the roots of your hair recieve the treatment . Afinal wash and shower is followed by a gradual cooling down wrapped in a big sheet . Oil body massages are available as extra , then a Turkish tea or apple tea is supplied . Enjoy .regards wee-john :hols
Thanks John. The first one which I thought was better was in an old building, the second in a brand new hotel. Think I will take your advice and use one that the locals use:)
wee john is right the best ones are the traditional old ones :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.