Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Well I can honestly say that I have never had admiring glances from the same sex in Turkey, come to think of it not even from the opposite sex :lol:

John
lol John - it didnt bother him really, it was me that kept noticing it I just thought it was a bit unusual

and Im sure you did get admiring glances from some girls, being a man you just wouldnt notice :lol:
I know what you mean. Its that "friendly" thing that men in this country just don't do to one another if they don't know someone.

The first time we went to Turkey my husband was amazed when waiters would give him a shoulder/neck massage while chatting. It took him a while to get used to their friendly banter. He kept thinking they were being sarcastic.
Kisses,hugs,admiring glances,even told by an Imigration officer that I had beautifull eyes.
Never once did the wife get jealous.

Now if I had been in England I would have been worried.
But hey a good looking guy is bound to to attract a few stares.

John I dont believe you I have glanced your way many times,
a rough sort of bloke is appealing sometimes.

Gene
Laughing at Gene and John....what a lovely couple you would make. :lol:

See you next week.

TC
Gene and I often have the same taste in things i.e Beers, resorts and boats but we then differ as in taste in clothing.

I am your common or garden linen kecks, flip flops and loose shirt type where Gene loves nothing more than getting dressed up in the evenings in the normal off the shoulder frilly thing and a pair of gold spangly slingbacks and here is one of his evening friends :wink:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/gassman/GenesFriend.jpg

John
:shock: Those trousers are just wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: !

Elaine
Yes DA it's quite normal.Pepsigirls Hubby has a rather large belly and all the waiters love to rub it......infact some were bloomin obsessed with it
Being gay is shunned in turkey but men going with men is more common than people think. A turkish insult is to stab somenody in the backside and it means you like going with same sex (men) You wouldn't see it going on openly but its there. I know quite a few turkish people in the part of london I live and I got all the low down on what goes on.
Well to be honest we started to watch (as people do when youre sitting at a restaurant with lots of people walking by) and we noticed quite a lot of gay couples - a lot looked Turkish. I also did some online searching when I got back and found that Bodrum is quite a popular resort with gay couples.

I was just surprised that I hadnt hear anyone mention it before.
We've been going to Turkey for about 20 years now, and Turkish men do seem to hold hands, but I don't think that it means that they're gay. Although we have come across one or two that are obviously so!
Turkish men are very tactile with each other and holding hands doesn't necessarily mean that they are gay, it means they are good friends.
I think many Turkish men suppress their more feminine side. It wasn't that long ago when it was de rigeur for most Turkssh men (and even some women too) to don a very thick moustache in the hope of looking butch and masculine. :P

My Turkish boyfriend may have homosexual tendencies because he often says if he's reincarnated, and returns as a woman - he'll definitely be a lesbian. :yikes

Strawberry
I to believe we have a feminine side.
I will often cook a meal and wash the pots afterwords,
I have even been known to do a spot of hoovering and going down to our Tescos to do a little shopping.

But wearing tight silk off the shoulder numbers mainly blue,and the wearing of 15 denier nylons with 5 inch stillleto heels needs a special type of guy with just a little more than a hint of the femine side.

Then again each to their own.
Thanks for the pic John its ages since I last saw "Jamie" :roll:
sorry didnt mean to post here
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.