Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ok guys, not giving much time here to reply but can someone tell me what sort of food my kids will get at Tusan??? think im going to book there but only worry i have is that because the hotel is way out of the way will my fussy fussy kids survive for two weeks on the all inc food???
someone must of been there in 2010 and not much mention of kids food in the reviews
Im ready to book at the touch of a button lol
thanks again chris
Well, all booked at the tusan beach resort near kusadasi on flight tcx4722 / tcx4723 0745 from birmingham on sat 30th july for two weeks... :cheers
cant wait already, anyone else on this flight or hotel??? :sun2
I have stayed in the hotel next door (the Pine Bay) . The Tusan looks a nice hotel.
It's a dolmus ride away from the centre of Kusadasi but well worth the ride as there is plenty to do there.
If you have kids Adaland - a huge waterpark is close by (within walking distance) and Ephesus is only a dolmus ride away in the other direction.
You will have a great time!
Thanks for your positive reply denny, yes have two children so having adaland close by will be cool.
Spent ages researching where to go so i really hope we have a good time. :cheers
Hi again, dont suppose anyone knows if i need long trousers/shirts for the restaurant at tusan beach??
hopeing not as i prefer shorts/t shirts. :sun2
roll on 30th july
Aqua Fantasy is just over the hill too. Many years ago when we went (2003) there was a free bus passing the hotel gate which took us to AquaFantasy and back.

We also caught the bus at the gate to go to Ephesus. Get the Selcuk bus, but it is a bit of a walk to get to the bottom Gate. Right opposite the bus stop are Taxis which will take you to the top gate but they were expensive when we were there and we had all day to kill. If you want to go to the Virgin Mary's house you willl need some form of transport as it is up a long steep hill.

The organised coach tours used to arrive from around 10 ish and they went off for lunch mostly before 2 followed by afternoon visits to the Virgin Mary's house, so Ephesus was quiet in the afternoons.
which is better? aqua fantasy or adaland??
18 weeks and counting :D
Both brilliant, I think maybe Adaland as it's quieter. Aqua fantasy has a hotel attached to it so it's always mega busy. When we were at the hotel next door to the Tusan, you could get free admission to Adaland - maybe your hotel will have the same deal?
Adaland it is then, thanks Denny53...
Is no one else going to tusan beach??? not sure if that worries me a little lol
From the look of the pictures (Google Earth) they haven't changed that much since we were there in 2003, in which case they are different days out!

AF had a better wave pool set up coupled with a gentle Lazy River which took you around the kiddies area and some quiet spots, nice and relaxing. There were slides of different types and styles from gentle toddler right up to the Kamikaze and round the back was the tub you go round until you run out of steam and fall through the middle into a pool underneath.

Adaland, at the time, did not have H&S approval from our tour operator at least, which meant there were no organised UK holiday maker buses, but the place was still busy with locals. The rides were a wider mix and not just slides, however the wave pool was off to the side and not somewhere you stayed in between. The lazy river was deep and not so many rings available to go round. At the top there was a swimming pool with high dive boards for diving or jumping off. The sort of thing we used to have in this country until H&S took over the asylum. Unlike the UK, where the average swimming pool depth at the deep end appears to be between 1.2 and 1.4 metres, the majority of the pools around the complex had bits of around 2 metres plus
Major things you had to watch for were slippery or uneven floors and deep pools. The ride control was not so tight at times either. As the day was starting I saw one girl still in the pool at the bottom of the ride when a lad came down and knocked into her, one leg each side. That woke the controllers up a bit and it was safer afterwards. That aspect must have improved over time.
Since then Adaland has grown with the addition of Dolphins etc.

Not sure what it is like now but busy over there was not busy like Thorpe Park etc over here. You could wait upto 30 minutes for some of the loony rides where control was such that demand exceeded flow capabilities, but most were not quite walk on.

The parks were sufficiently different as to be two separate days out and then if you have money left you can go back to the one you enjoyed most.

Having had terrific times in these two parks, we were very disappointed with Aqualandia in Benidorm, where they charged over the top to get in and then, once you were inside, they wanted extra for use of a sunbed and extra for use of a ring for the (very smelly) lazy river.

I enjoyed the Kusidasi Parks so much I keep trying to engineer revisits with my family, but have not managed a suitable deal yet.

We did stay at the Tusan but that was a long time ago now.
the one piece of advice we found useful was to do with dining.
Before you start, look around to see what is on offer and where it is. They had food at the hotel end of the restaurant but they also had some out the back by the outside eating area. If you got that at the right time it was hot and no queues, quite often it was a slightly different selection as well.
We used to look to see what was on offer and what meat etc was being cooked while you waited. Make our choices and queue for the freshly cooked food and THEN go and top up with veggies etc. Surprising the number of people who did it the other way and then moaned as the food was cold.
They used to come in through the doors, see the start of the buffet, grab a plate and join the queue, at the end of the precooked food was the fresh cooked food so more time to wait! After 2 weeks people were still moaning and still doing it.
We were much more relaxed, grabbing a Soup and roll and deciding what to eat whilst finishing of the soup. Wait for a gap in the fresh food queue jump in with a couple of plates and then armed with hot meat quick nip around diving in and out of the queue to get the rest. They are stuck in the queue going nowhere so they always let you in.

Breakfast pancakes and eggs were brilliant. Again wait for them before you get the rest of the breakfast.

At the hotel, I found that by saying Tesekule instead of "thank you"s, the staff attitude became a lot friendlier with most of them trying to teach me other bits of Turkish.
I have not been back to Turkey since then and have now forgotten all of my Turkish but the happy memories from the holidays linger on.
At the time, the afternoon tea and cakes was not well advertised, so you had to go looking for it underneath the hotel, in past the spa/gym/sauna entrance.
The sauna and turkish bath were also placed in an offputting way. They were included as part of the package but were located inside the spa, which gave the impression that it was a charged amenity. After the first visit when we asked where they were, we just used to stroll straight past the desk, nodding hello if anyone was looking.
Great info stevebell001, thankyou.
Were long trousers/shirts required in the dining area in 2003?
At the time they were for evening meals. Not sure now as we have been going to the Caribbean for our last few holidays. Over there with later trends, 3/4 length trousers or long dress shorts were allowed as long as they didn't look like swimming shorts. Shirts had to have at least short sleeves.
The only time I got turned away I had worn my most expensive T shirt, but the sleeves were deemed too short and I was made to leave.

I never found it a hardship as I prefer the protection that long trousers and long sleeves give me when coming up against ..... evening Mossies!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.