Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We are looking at doing the same trip

Try Daytrippers
Hi

It was yours truly who took the photographs.

Here is a link from the holiday report i submitted to keep you going

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=115305&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

It cost the two of us about £160 in total, easiest way is to book it through daytrippers in Calangute, the trip was well organised and the two guides Mario and Agnelo where great,

I do have a business card with the companys email to book privately, i have been waiting three weeks for a reply! think i will pay the few quid extra to daytrippers if we do the trip again in January 2009

GM06
Ian
Wow thanks for the replies. Really really fancy the trip now! The photos look fab! The trip being in India.....and my memories of health and safety not existing!..did you consider it to be safe and well run? Were there many others on the trip or was it just a few??

Thanks in advance
They do the trip twice a week, when we went there where about 30 -35 people

Overall I would say it was safe and as well organised as it can be in India, The driver we had when we got to Karnataka was careful and did not take unnecessary risks

We go to Candolim again in Jan 2009 with friends who have not been to Goa; they are keen to make the trip

I would do the trip again tomorrow, and would suggest that you ought to as well while you have the opportunity or you just may regret it.

GM06
Ian
We also did this trip a couple of years ago with our son who was 8 at the time we all really enjoyed it the guides were brilliant it was very well run ( incidently I work in health & safety!) I would recommend it to anyone, the only thing I would say is the toilet on the train is not for the faint hearted!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.