Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Icmeler is a lovely area, very warm. The nightlife is more low-key than Marmaris near by which is more clubby.
Icmeler is mainly focused around Dance bars at night, a lot of fun!

Also, Hisaronu is beautiful, I went there twice last year, and prefer it to icemeler. Again it has lots of dance/karaoke bars and some gorgeous restaurants! No beach, but you have Olu Deniz a few minutes drive in a Domlmus down the hill, which is home to The Blue Lagoon, you would have seen this beach in any brochure selling Turkish holidays!

Hope this helps!

Zoe
Thanks for your thoughts zoe! I know turkey is hot, went to marmaris a few yrs ago in may and it was in the 90's. Just a little worried with it being october.

Nic
Hmmm, good point

Well I went to Hiroranu the end of September last year and some epople we met there were there in Oct and had plenty of sun, not one complaint :D

Hope you have a lovely time wherever you choose!! :)

Zoe
Hi we stayed in hisaronu last year in june/july when really hot, its full of pub/bars and different types of restaurants.But even in october the weather was hot at the time of your date just gets a little cooler on the night thou.Hope this helps but listen to other feed back on here as there are some a lot more experienced than myself in turkey.
ive also been to turkey the last few half terms in oct to different areas and the weather has been lovely. olu deniz being 1 of my favourite places, wasnt too keen on gumbet or side, we are going to olu deniz 2nd week of oct this year
hi, we have been going in october to icmeler/armutalin for the last five years.we have always had beautiful weather in the mid to high 80s. it is a lot nicer then, than in july or august when it can be hot hot hot :sun
Hisaronu is a good place!
we were in marmaris 1st oct last year it was quite nice for a few days but needed a jacket in the evenings it was not hot enough to use the pool and it did rain off and on for 2 days
:D Went to Marmaris last year 3rd week in Oct it was lovely not over powering

Just nice :D

Evenings were chilling just need a cardi over your shoulders

Going again this Oct for a week 16th Oct.

Just came from from Olu Deniz it was ok but do prefer Marmaris/Icmeler

Didnt rate Hisaruno at all :cry:

Been to Belek before hotel was lovely but Belek itself we didnt like.

But i bet there is lots off beautifull resorts out they to visit :D

But we fell in love with Marmaris/Icmeler 12yrs ago when it was very quite
and loved it ever since.

Marion x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.