Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Steve, I've been complaining about the upload process for a while. Quite a few of us that upload photos agree that it's a pain. However, the new guys have asked us not to upload to the media gallery yet as nobody is approving the pictures so they won't be shown. I'm sure that they will improve it for us soon and then we can all get back posting in there. Hope it won't be too long :)
Or (if the MG's was in use and photos were being approved) you can just have two windows open at the same time and the problem is solved, until such time that the software is altered. ;)

This saga has been discussed in great lengths before on the board, and I'm sure the new guys know all about it and will do something about it when other more important issues have been dealt with, according to the sites priorities.

Sanji
Sanji even with two windows open its a long and boring job... what takes a few minutes on something like facebook, takes a half hour slog ... :(
AskCy wrote:
Sanji even with two windows open its a long and boring job... what takes a few minutes on something like facebook, takes a half hour slog ... :(

Steve
Call it pants, slow, boring, annoying or irritating and now it has loads of 'bugs' and Chinese spammers in there.
From the vibes I'm getting, in time it's all going to be changed and not as detached from the main site as it is now, but the new guy's priority is getting the 'new look' site on-line and we all have to be patient.

I've been uploading a few videos to keep it 'ticking over', well that's not strictly true, I have a thread running in the Costa Blanca forum which needed either photos or videos to enhance the discussion, and as posting links to YT is not allowed, that is the only reason why I have been uploading video footage into the gallery or bringing my vids over from YT, because my media didn't have to be approved and I would still be able to link back to the site in a post.

There is no point in even trying to upload because there is nobody appointed to approve the media and I think the MG's is dead in its present form.....we will all have to wait and see what the future brings. :wink:

Sanji
Sanji, I know the in's and outs, I was just raising the point on the off chance it had been overlooked with all the turmoil, I'm happy to wait, and have previously posted videos and pictures in there, but hoping for it to be enhanced with the rest of the sites changes :cheers

Steve
The Media Gallery functionality is going to be bought into the main site along with the reviews. We will preserve the MG database so nothing will be lost, however its one of those thinggs thats on the list 'to do'. So it may take us a while to sort, but it will be done.

Cheers

Chris
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.