Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Urgent advice
11 Posts
My Doctors and most others you can turn up as soon as they open and you can usually be seen, explain the urgency to the receptionist and see what you can sort out.
I didnt know you could get a prescription for malaria for children. My nurse told us we had to pay at chemists.
Thats what my surgery was like last year, turn up before 10am and get seen.
But now a system is in place, a S**t one at that!!

Yes you can get malarone for children, but i have a feeling i will have to get it from an internet site such as travelpharm.

I will not be getting off the phone tomorrow morning until i have an appointment for him.
I feel so angry. The receptionist isnt any good, she sounds like shes just left school with the bare minimum gcse's :duh

Are there any places where you can fax a copy of the perscription, then they will send you the tablets?
Do any of you know a pharmacy which will have malarone for children in stock , or a pharmacy that i can fax the perscription to , then they can post the tablets after i have paid ?
i would just turn up at the doctors surgery for 8.30am for the 1st apt, i def wouldn't ring.
Hello, i have tried turning up in the past, and they wont see you unless you ring.
I am ringing at 8.30am , in approx 22mins, and i wont be getting off the phone until i have an appointment for my son.

He is 4 years old, but the dosage for the child malarone goes off weight, so he needs to be weighed, its not just a matter of getting a doctor to sign the form, because they need to weigh him.

I rang a few chemists yesterday, and they said if i bring the perscription in when i get it, they will get them in the next day.
So either Saturday or Monday.

Next step is injections. Can you believe we have been ringing to see the nurse for the past couple of weeks and we are eventually having our injections done on Tuesday, 2 days before we go?
Got an appointment for 10am today :)
Got to get a taxi though, as my car is in the garage :(
Hi yumymumy
Sounds like your surgery isn't being very helpful. With regards to you having your injecions onTuesday, it will probably be a waste of time unless you are going for a long stay as it takes at least 2 weeks for your body to build up immunity following the vaccination.
Thats exactly what i was thinking, i knew you had to have them a few weeks before you go, but as you said, my surgery isnt helpful at all. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.