Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have you had a look on Trip Adviser for reviews of these hotels? The WOW Topkapi is an older hotel well base it's best IMO. The Royal Wings or Royal Dragon would be my choice
Thanks for the input. I have booked the Royal Wings. Any advice would be appreciated. x
I think you've made an excellent choice, we stayed at the Royal Wings last year and thought it was fantastic.
Happy Holidays!
Costa
Anything, Les
From our research on HT, I hope this is a nice hotel but rooms/balcony
are important to us as we are early risers and hopefully(!) late sleepers. :cheers
Hi Suzie, Antalya is somewhere we've never been to. As it's your first time to Turkey, what I will say is make time to speak to the local people for it is these who will be key in you enjoying your stay. Turkish people have fantastic memories for people who have shown them kindness.

On the markets and in the jewellers, HAGGLE !!! With the markets you usually settle at about two thirds of the original price, if still not happy then walk away, the seller will come after you if they want to do a deal. Jewellery is excellent value for money, some good deals may be had as they will be looking to sell off this years stock to make way for next years designs.

Les
The only bit of advice that I can give, based on my own experience is, if you're buying cigarettes/tobacco be ULTRA careful as there are loads of fakes to be had and they mostly look like the real thing...

ATB,J.
Thanks for your replies. I will let you know how we get on. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.