America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Try http://www.RandMcNally.com for good driving directions.
Enter MCO for the airport and then your destination. I find them to be pretty good.
if you know where your villa is,you could print of directions off the web from the airport to villa,then wait till next day....if you going to orlando airport prob be nearer your villa,if your villa is on the 192 kissimmee area you should have no trouble finding it with a easy map they usually give you with car from airport.Also if you download google earth or look at google maps,you will see the airport and hopefully where your villa is,and it will give you an idea which roads you need to use....
I have used this company for several years and have never had any problems.I don't bother with sat nav as I find it quite easy to get around but everyone feels differently.If you have the address of the villa you should be able to print put directions from the airport or if you want I can help you if you let me know the name of the community you are staying at.
As for driving it is straightforward really .
Tuck your left foot out of the way as you won't need it.
Keep to the slower lanes until you feel confident.
Remember the driver is always closer to the centre of the road than the passenger and you will be on the correct side of the carriageway.

Take your time getting to know the car when you pick it up and find out where the handbrake is -sometimes its a foot pedal or button.
Relax and enjoy the drive.
Oh and BTW- expect to see a puddle of water under the car each time you stop- from the air conditioning. That's normal.
Thank you for all your tips! I have now got directions to the villa which seem fairly straightforward (famous last words!)
Think I will stick to my Garmin, might even switch to the American voice to get into the swing of it :rofl , I use it all the time, with a combination of voice directions, distance, and the screen maps it's very useful especially if you find a place that you want to go back to and punch in save location :tup .

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.