Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, im not sure of any hotels near there, but what i do know is pretty much any hotel will let you use their pool if you buy a snack and a few drinks there.
All you need to do is walk in, ask the manager if it is ok to use the pool because you are buying drinks, and most will say yes.
I think a couple charge, but it is only about 200rs.

Sorry, forgot to mention in nearly every hotel i have been to in Goa, people come and use the pool even though they arent guests at the hotel.

Its good business sense to let people who arent guests use the pool, in return for them spending money at their pool bar, so i doubt that any hotel will object to you using their pool.
The hotels seem to be clamping down on outsiders using their pools, my friends always used to have lunch and use the pools, this year we have been refused by the Highland resort( and your not talking a couple hundred rupees for lunch) they have 4 pools, goan hertiage, Lago Azul wanted to charge us 200, not worth that sort of money, so now we stick to Little Italy and Ondis in Holiday street, cant see the problem with 3/4 ladies doing lunch and having a dip, anyone got any where else we can go dont mind paying for the pool!!!!!!!
Hi

One of the nearest to you is straight across the road at Bobs Inn and about 150 yards and you will come across The Sonesta Inn. They used to allow visitors to use their facilities,pool and gym. Certainly worth checking.

If not keep walking and you are in the sea and thats free.

Regards
We have used the SEA BREEZE BEACH RESORT just down the beach rd candolim its on the right hand side of the road we did buy a few drinks whilst there....
Hi I love my Piglet - I suspect you're staying at Romeo's!!

We were there in February and there is a new hotel being extended that is virtually next door - I think it's called Marina View. Besides the additional rooms, they are adding a pool and it's due to be completed for this season. It's literally 50 yards away.

Another good one is Presa di Goa, a little off the beaten track but not far in a taxi. It's in a beautiful garden setting, very up-market and the owner doesn't mind you using the pool if you take lunch there. Have a look at http://www.presadigoa.com/. It's really nice and a very different "day out".

Have a great time ! :tup
Thanks all for the great tips.

Hi Roma - yes we are and, if I'm not mistaken, I recommended the apartment to you? :wave:

We are staying there again as it's a great location for us and I couldn't fault it last time. I assume the new hotel is on the patch of land that we used to use as a shortcut through to the main road?

We've not been to Goa for nearly two years so are prepared for a big change, but I'm looking forward to my first lime and soda and curry!!
Hi ILMP - You're dead right, you recommended "Dona Helena" when we got some last minute flights nearly a couple of years ago. We've been back since and are going again in February - so a big thanks :tup !

The hotel with the new pool (assuming it's built) is right next door - as you stand in the road looking at Dona Helena, it's on the left. A new restaurant nearby is Soumyen's Kitchen, and it's excellent - not an every night place but a quality meal.

Hope you have a great time and say hello to Romeo from Pat & Ken - we've been really messing him around with date changes as flights keep getting cancelled/changed. I think he dreads our phone calls - there are four couples going in Feb and we're all on different flights and different lengths of stay!

Enjoy!
Hi again ILMP - It just occurred to me that since you've been, Romeo has built on an extra floor! There are now 8 rooms, not 4!
Just been informed the Little Italy want you to pay Rps12.000 membership for the privelage of using the pool for 6 months, how greedy is that!!!!! if you have lunch a salad is Rps250 and a kingfisher Rp150 the man is on another planet :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.