America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Oooo just loved reading your trip report, thanks so much for writing it! I think I'll read it again when I get home tonight to get me in the mood for Vegas in 16 days time.

Sounds like you broke even on the gambling which is not a bad place to be.

I was terrified for you when that stuff sprayed over the car at 80mph! OMG! I take it the rental company didn't say anything when you took the car back?

I've never really fancied the MGM, well only a little bit, as we like staying centre strip. They've had some good rates lately though.

Thanks again. It's much appreciated.

luci :wave
Thanks TC! :tup

we need to be out of the room in an hour"¦ oh my god, I need to pack and I'm still drunk.

Oh God, what a horrible experience! :rofl :rofl

Did you ever find out what splattered your car? Frightening! :shock:

Pippy :D
Glad you liked the MGM Grand, we also stayed there for the first time in September and felt it was easily our best experience in Vegas so far.

So far we have stayed in the Luxor, NYNY, Excalibur and now the MGM. None of the aforementioned compares to the MGM in my book.

I don't understand the fascination with staying mid strip, we much prefer the south end location, but each to their own.
Cheers everyone.

The hire company didn't say anything, even though the car had been cleaned when we picked it up the second time and there were marks all over the paintwork :shock: I'm kind of waiting in dread for my next credit card bill........I'll keep you posted :) It was definitely a kind of watery cement, I still don't know what 'puffed' it up into the air but it was an experience!!

TC
TeeCee wrote:
Sorry Guys.....it's a long 'un

They are the best Vegas trip reports. :P Thanks for writing. Just increased my excitement a bit more.
Great trip report............I really enjoyed reading it :)

I think you may have been in Vegas around the same time as us as we went to see Tom Jones on the Sunday night too!

We're going next Sept again too and it's already booked. Staying at the Excalibur as we like it there.
Oooo Lexie, can we expect a trip report from you??

luci :wave
luci..........I don't really do trip reports as I can never remember half of what we've done after two weeks there :lol:

It was our 4th time there and we just can't get enough of the place and we had decided that we wouldn't go back again next year but I booked again within the week........need to start saving now i think!!

I will say that I'd heard lots of "bad" things about the Excalibur (old,dated, full of children etc) but we liked it there and the location was great for us. We had stayed in the Luxor last time but felt that at least with Excalibur there was less of a walk over to MGM for the monorail and into NYNY.

We also saw a couple of Cirque shows and we'd never wanted to see them before but they were great and will definitely do more of them next year.

Hope you have a great time when you go...... :)
Great trip report!

We went in June this year. We normally go in September. It will probably feel like forever till our next trip but we probably will wait till september next year. We may have to increase up to the 2 week mark....we only stayed 8 nights this year, with 3 nights in New York too totalling 11 nights for the holiday. We normally stay in Vegas about 11 nights. I doubt we'll do New York next year either though.
Got my credit card bill - there's no extra charge from the hire company so we got away with it!! :lol:

Apologies to anyone that hires a Dodge Magnum with poor paintwork......it wasn't our fault! :D 8)

TC

PS - Can a mod add 'The Signature' hotel to the review section please so I can add a review

Ta :D
I've asked admin to add it :wink:
Tee Cee

When's your next trip? I've already been thinking about where I'd like to stay next September!

I'd definitely consider MGM at that sort of rate, but I am definitely scared of the size of it!
Lesley,

We had no trouble navigating the MGM when we stayed there. It is big, but not difficult to find your way around. I suppose everyone is different, but I have a much harder time in Excalibur. I can never find my way out of there.

TeeCee,

Was your car hire booked through airline network? We have book through them this time and wondered what you thought.
Lesley -
Will definitely be September again. I will book Maxjet flights again as soon as the price comes down a little - it's currently about £100 more than I paid this September. I'll leave the hotel booking till late again but there's a very strong possibility we'll stay at MGM again or maybe Signature for at least part of the time we are out there.

Pebbles - Yes, car was throught the Airline-Network, I've booked through them for the last few years, always get the Platinum package - they are the best car hire people I've ever booked with, never had a problem :D

TC
Hi,

We also used Airline Network our last two trips. First time we booked the compact, next time paid the $2 upgrade to the next up. Both times we got a Dodge Caliber, which was absolutely fine. And we always book the £5 tank of petrol and insurance upgrade - bargain!

I saw an ad for maxjet in the paper at the weekend, but I think they only do stansted - no use to us, because you can't really get all that shopping on an internal flight either to glasgow.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.