France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Versailles
4 Posts
I believe that the Fountains display is coming to the end of a limited run, so would suggest that you contact the Palace of Versailles Information Office for confirmation. Try http://www.chateauversailles.fr .

I think it would be well worth seeing ... as is the rest of the palace. However you need to investigate times as it may be a timed ticket entry system, with many pre-allocated to Tour Operators.

Make sure you get there early enough, with comfy shoes and some water and enough cash for a snack/purchase .... sure to be overpriced, but you don't visit every day. You may need a rainjacket with hood if you are going to spend some time outdoors .... you may have wanted to see water fountains, but there's no guarantee you won't suffer a personal soaking, and there's not too much shelter in the gardens! Have a lovely time - wish I could get some free time to go too![/url]
After going to Paris several times I finally visited Versailles last year and It was worth the wait. We paid to go into the gardens and I am glad we did, There was classical music playing while the fountains were spraying (they are not always turned on)
It was lovely to walk around.

We just turned up and was lucky but I would do what Alsacienne suggested and check before you go .
Thank you both Alsa and Mcbabe for the encouragement to visit Versailles.
Les Gandes Eaux Musicales are scheduled for 1500 -16.30 on Sunday afternoon so hopefully we will be able to see it, only two weeks to go now.
Val
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.