Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi i emailed the vilanova complex direct,
and the villas have air conditioning in them. :D
Hello.

Just returned (14/06/07) from a 2-week stay at the Vilanova. Unless i had my eyes shut for 2 weeks, i can tell you our appt did not have air conditioning. This did not stop me or my family from having the best holiday of our lives though!!!! 8)
Super Boc, I think it is only the villas that have had air conditioning installed & not the apartments Jayjan
Jayjan, sorry my mistake :oops:

This was my visit to Algarve, and i found it a lot cooler at night than many other resorts because of the lovely breeze. This may have been due to the time of year though.
Super Boc It can be cooler at night due to the atlantic breezes but this is most welcoming especially mid July & August when the temperatures can be quite high. In Sept last year the first 2 weeks were quite uncomfortable for the time of year no breeze at all, but the Algarve did have a really hot summer in 2006. Glad you enjoyed your holiday on the Algarve. Cheers Jayjan
Hi Super boc,

We are going to the Vila Nova apts (2x studios booked) in 5 weeks so would love to hear as much about both the resort and complex as you wish to share and what there is to do round and about..!!!!!!

Am really glad that you had a fantastic time though!!

Kelly x
Hi Super boc,

We are going to the Vila Nova apts (2x studios booked) in 5 weeks so would love to hear as much about both the resort and complex as you wish to share and what there is to do round and about..!!!!!!

Am really glad that you had a fantastic time though!!

Kelly x
Hello K elly

Vilanova is a great complex to stay in. It has a huge pool with 3 diving boards surrounded by dozens of sun beds, also bordered by acres of well kept grass so there is loads of space to relax. All-day entertainment from the Thomsons entertainment reps is great and is for kids and adults alike. As you are probably aware the complex sits just off the main "strip" so all the bars and resteraunts are on your doorstep. If you like a curry then visit The Clay Oven, absolutely spot on. Must say though we didn't have a bad meal and we visited a dozen resteraunts during our stay, Koala Garden though is worth a 5 minute walk to visit, try the Ostrich or Kangeroo if you are adventurous.....lovely!.

Trips to the waterpark (Slide & Splash) and also to Zoomarine are also great days out. The dolphin & Sea Lion shows at Zoomarine are worth the entrance fee alone. There is also a few decent rides and a pool to keep the kids amused if they get bored.

In short just go and enjoy it's brilliant, we liked it that much me & the wife are sneaking back without the kids later in the year..... 8)
Hi Super Boc, we are going here 2 weeks tomorrow, when i e-mailed the complex direct they said the villas have the air conditioning in just now, however the apartments will all have this installed for next year, as well as the place all being refurbished for summer 2008. :)
come back from Vilanova 2 days ago. dont need air conditioning at night as its nice and cool then anyway. lovely place. 8)
Cheers Milly cant wait, roll on sunday 8)
Can you upgrade to a villa before you get there?
going this sunday 15th, cant wait!
Hi Milly/ Super boc,

What was the weather like whilst you were there?

2 weeks thursday and counting!!........

Kelly :)
warm and sunny with cloudless skies. cool and breezy at night :D
Thank you,

Sounds perfect!!!

Kelly :)
Just back and the Vilanova was superb for all the family, weather perfect. Definately going back, kids didnt want to leave!
Does anyone know how you book one of the villas around the pool, Thomson and Portland websites don't seem to give you that option, just apartments and studios.
Glad to hear such good reports for this venue.

We are off on 16th Aug. Can't wait!!! Have never ben to Portugal before and hope there is plenty of sun as have had enough of this rain.
You'll enjoy vilanova especially if you have kids under 12, kids clubs are great and give you lots of relaxation time on your own!
Perfect location as well.
Weather was superb as well, not a cloud for 2 weeks!
Thats for that Robo20!

My children are 10 (Twins) - and there is nothing they like better than spending hours in the pool and they have always enjoyed the kids clubs.

Glad to hear the weather was good - fingers crossed for my fortnight.

As you have just come back - could you recommend any places to eat?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.