Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I live in Siolim proper, and pass them on my way to the back of Mapusa.
They are very remote, there is nothing of interest to tourists nearby.
It is a large development and seems to get larger by the month with more tree covered land getting bull-dozed for more building.
The development is not as ugly as many others in the same vicinity.
I am sure it will appeal to buyers from other pats of India
By the way, if you are not PIO or OCI, I presume you would be risking it all on Acrons questionably legal 5 year rolling lease?
Hi Martin_d

They are on a track that leads from Siolim to Assagao and I agree with J5 they are very remote, absolutely nothing for the tourist until Morjim in the north or Vagator to the south but there is a great little bar on the way to Chapora called Candlelight but even that is well over a mile from the apartments.

The apartments are built on the side of a hill and some of them must have a very nice outlook but they look like a concrete jungle in the middle of nowhere, why anyone would want to buy there is beyond me.
Wrong Acron site, my friend!

That is Villa Maria!

Apart from that, your description of this total "carbuncle" is correct.

Villa Eva is on the Siolim-Marna-Mapusa road (turn right at the church in Siolim coming from Anjuna way), a long way out of Siolim and still a long way from Duler suburb of Mapusa. Due to massive expansion of the project, it is several times the size (like 10 times) the size of Maria.

Coincidentally Eva is also the name of my mother-in-law who is also too large, tasteless and in the wrong place (if anywhere near me)
By the way, if you are not PIO or OCI, I presume you would be risking it all on Acrons questionably legal 5 year rolling lease?

Hi Johnny, we have spoken at length on India Mike. I'm not looking to buy, but been offered a good deal on one of the apartments for the first 2 weeks in October. We'll have a scooter anyway, and I hear the local bus passes the entrance?
Lots of buses pass the entrance, plying between Siolim and Mapusa bus station, from whence you can get a bus to almost anywhere.
A good friend of mine, who fixes VW's and his wife runs a high class bakery, well their "family" owned all the land that Villa Eva is built/being built on, but sadly it is other members who have benefitted. Hope your appartment is nowhere near the ongoing construction noise?
I imagine it will have AC? If this Oct is anything like last, it was very hot and muggy. Maybe we can meet up for tea and cake when you are here?
I imagine it will have AC? If this Oct is anything like last, it was very hot and muggy. Maybe we can meet up for tea and cake when you are here?
tea and cake and kingfisher! it is a very well speced apartment with A/C, and in Block C which looks to be near the pool at the front. Where is the building work? Still trying to persuade the better half to go at the moment....
Hi Martin
If you are standing in the road (not advisable), with Mapusa off to your left and Siolim to the right, the complex is expanding towards the Siolim direction. Who said anything about Kingfisher? Gave up alcohol six months ago as I couldn't stand the disgusting Indian beer anymore........
Thanks for puting me right, I am always mixing up my Eva,s and Maria's
Finally decided to go for it and book up. Really looking forward to experiencing a different type of Goa outwith the season, and tea and cakes with Johnny aswell of course :wave:
Good for you Martin!
Look forward to meeting you in October, stay in touch via the forum and give me a prod nearer the time as there will have been a lot of water under the bridge by then. Monsoon (if it ever starts) joke!
Mrs J5 went back late May to be there for start of monsoon, still waiting! Our ducks are still waiting, and it looks as if my return in two weeks time might even beat the monsoon proper!
johnny five wrote:
A good friend of mine, who fixes VW's and his wife runs a high class bakery, well their "family" owned all the land that Villa Eva is built/being built on,

Hi J5,
Does your good friend still fix VW's? Where in Goa is he and could I visit his place?
Does your good friend still fix VW's? Where in Goa is he and could I visit his place?

He still does fix VW's, but I'm not totally sure he does it commercially these days, as his wife's business has somewhat taken over.
He is in Siolim, same as me. Where are you?
I will ask him when I get back next week, but please remind me later next week as I have a lot on my mind with flying back next Tuesday and am sure to forget!
Regards
J5
Thanks J5,
Am in candolim but would love to visit your friend someday. Saw a person repairing VW's in Verem after Nerul on the narrow road to Panjim. He was a ncie guy but can't remember his name. Had a long chat with him last year.
I will remind you for sure. Thanks again
Regards
DAK
DAK, can I ask, do you need some work done on a VW or did you just want to meet him? Just so that when I speak to him I know what to tell him...............
johnny five wrote:
DAK, can I ask, do you need some work done on a VW or did you just want to meet him? Just so that when I speak to him I know what to tell him...............

J5,
Sure you can. I dont need any work done of a VW, I like VW's a lot so I thought it would me nice to meet someone who is working on VW's and has some good knowledge on them.
Thanks a lot.. I do like Goa a lot more than VW's though
Regards
DAK
Hello Martin, Johnny and friends,
My name is Emma and I live in Villa Eva, Siolim. I have lived there for two years now and it's lovely.
I'm not a retired old lady who loves the rustle of the leaves,
and in fact I think Acron have done a great job.
Yes it's a bit far from the action, but that's why we chose it.
It's central for the beaches of Aswem and the markets of Mapusa.
My daughter goes to school in Anjuna and it takes us 15 mins by car to get her there.
The lady with the high class bakery bakes our birthday chocolate cakes and does a
mean strawberry mousse and a to die for banoffi pie!
Francis in the restaurant across the road cooks the best chicken masala and aloo gobi in the world!
So it might be a tasteless monstrosity to some but to me it's my home.
By the way I'm a PIO so I own the property on a sale deed.
This year we have decided to rent out and see some more of India, so we won't be around so much,
going back next week, can't wait!
You'll have a lovely time Martin and no doubt I'll meet you there!

Best regards
Emma
Hi Emma,

I was looking at your post on Acron in Siolim and was looking around that area. You sounded like a good person to know. Are you still in your home or have you rented out and gone a-travelling? I am looking for a place to rent since my home is going to be under renovation for a while. If, of course, I can afford the rent :)
Hope you will write back sometime.

Anjuli
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.