Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Suggestions when reading reviews is to dismiss the ones that give it 1* or 5*. Consider the middle of the road ones. Also check the time of year they visited and the type of group, eg family or couple.

An elderly couple may hate a family orientated hotel with a kids club just as a family might hate a hotel which was described as quiet and relaxing.

Cleanliness and food quality are more difficult to judge as everyone has different standards and taste. You have to weigh up the cost against the facilities offered. As you say, some people expect 5* facilities for 3* prices.

luci :wave
Hi,

We have booked this hotel for July this year, my friend has been back to this hotel 4 times and loves it, she says its a nice hotel with friendly staff, nice food and good entertainment especially for the kids. We cant wait, roll on July :)
Emma B :tup
Hi,
just thought i would put my review on for you, we are a couple only & have been twice by choice, yes it is set up for familys & talking to the familys who are there when we were the kids loved it. food we found to be of good quality plenty of choice restaraunt busy at times but staff would always find us a table, rooms are small, but then again everything you need in them, non stop entertainment through out the day & night so no chance of the kids being bored, we love the adult only roof top area a bar included. rounding up this hotel offers great value for money hi de hi in the sun maybe! but everytime we have been enjoyed the experience.
i was thinking of booking this hotel for may 2012 but not to sure yet some of the pics of the rooms look very dated on trip advisor
thanks, i wanted to book this for 2013
We have stayed here 5 times and and its sister hotel the Festival Village in Cap Salou. Both are very good the Villa Marina is the more lively with an excellent staff many of whom have been there a long time. The management at these hotels are the key to their success, they are very approachable and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. Ivanio and Israel are the assistant managers at the hotels (in that order) and never seem to go home, my kids haven't found a hotel they like better than the Villa and are really hacked off with us that we haven't booked to again this year .

Highlights for the adults at the Villa are the rooftop terrace, the food and the entertainment. For the kids its the kids club, they will entertain them all day and even take them to lunch as well, then theres the kids disco and film later which both of them enjoyed.

The location is in a very peaceful area of Salou, you will here people saying its miles to walk to the centre but they are talking about the new town. The old town is a very pleasant 10 min stroll and there are authentic tapas bars along the way, the train station is 5 mins.

You can book direct with the hotel and they will arrange airport transfers for you free of charge from Reus or Barcelona, to sum up you will have a fantastic time at either hotel

If you need any more information please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Rob
ive booked this for 2013 and have read mixed reviews, my cuz been back in 2009 and said its a good hotel... some people moan about still things.. read the time of year ect and if its family group or couples. thats wa i look at, are you going be tied to the hotel 24/7
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.