EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Are they the ones that are at the side of the Donna Sylvia
the rumour was they belong to Gaffinoes
Pat :sun2
were these meant to be holiday accomodation? Were you thinking of staying there?
Yes they are at the side of Donna Sylvia and they do belong to Tony Gaffino, the project has been on going for at least three years with very little progress so far, the last time I saw them in 2008 they had about 6 partially built but the other 20 or so proposed villa's where just marked out plots.
They are being sold as holiday homes, we where going to buy one until we discovered HT and read all the horror stories concerning
buying property in India we feel we have had a lucky escape even more so now that it seems the whole project has been put on hold or stopped all together but I don't know exactly what is happening other than work has officially ceased.
seems strange he was telling us how proud he was of his plans
when we saw him last year
Even the best thoughtout plans can go wrong and it seems his have.
I think however there has been a personal overspend and greed involved.
wonder if this is any way conected with his beach shack
being demolished
Pat :sun2
I am sure you are on the right track grannypat, there is more to it than meets the eye.

Tush
Buying in Goa is a mine field, you cannot buy on a tourist visa. The government have clamped down on foreigners buying in Goa. My advice is DON'T unless you can afford to loose your money. The majority who have are being investigated by the government and their properties are at risk of being confiscated and have ended up with a very expensive 5 year lease property as they are unable to register the property deeds. They were misled because of the greed of developers etc., Foreign nationals were duped. If you want to buy abroad....find somewhere other than Goa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.