Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi.

We stayed in cal'n bosch in a villa a couple of years ago and had a fantastic time, i would highly recommend a villa holiday, we are going back in 2 weeks time and staying in cala'n blanes.
I have no idea about the bus service as we always hire a car on holiday, and the island is fantastic for walking, and so pretty.
Hope i've helped
:P
:) Have just returned last week from Tanit Villa in Cala Blanca through James Villas. Had very good holiday, resort & villa was good. Resort has plenty of places to eat, food is good & people very friendly. Bus service from resort looked fairly frequent through to Cuidedella (though had car so did not use)
Villa was fairly basic but clean (could have done with a little T.L.C) & pool was nice & clean, but in no way spoilt the experience. Had 1 problem with villa (leaking water tank) part way through week but 1 phone call to very helpful rep (who lives in resort) & it was sorted within 90 minutes. Villa is very close to central facilities but was just off main street so was quiet. Will use James Villas again & probably same villa. Tanit is next door to Maria Villa.
Hope this info helps
I will say that menorca in april is very very quiet, there probably wont be anything open, so do please consider your holiday dates - i know its nice having a villa, but there are always some great deals to be had in the first couple of weeks in may - and many apartments complexes have 3 bed apartments including the park and lago garden complex in cala n bosch, you can view these, and book direct with the hotel chain at http://www.gardenhotels.com they do some great offers, i was in menorca in may and it cost me £125 for the week in an apartment that slept four.

Contct me if you need any more info!

Caroline & Kirsten :wave
:D :D :D

Thank you all for the info supplied.

I'm interested in the point made about the time of year I wish to go. To be honest we prefer to go places out of season because we all have very fair skin and I understand the temperature to be around 19-23oC at this time of year, but obviously if a place is practically shut down in April then this is another issue. If you mean that it's quieter than the high season then that is good for us. I'm really not into loads of people and after my last holiday I want to get away from hotels etc...

xx
I would go as far as saying that it is shut down!

im sure the weather difference wont be too bad going a couple of weeks later in may, its very quiet in the first couple of weeks, we were there fromt he 13th to the 20th and it was very quiet - im not one for a raucous holiday either and both early may, and late september or october are great in menorca - july and august it is very very busy as you can imagine!!

You should be ok temperature wise, and if your fair skinned, then plenty of suncream will do the trick!

I was in menorca for the last week of the season (last week in october)the other year and it was hard to even find a loaf of bread in the local shop! Many of the resorts in menorca are open purely for the tourists but if you do go in april, the are larger supermarkets to be found should you need them - i drive and visit the larger ones anyway while im there.

cala n bosch i would say is the place where there is most to do without it being too 'blackpooly' :lol

I dont know if you have children, or the ages of your party travelling, but there is something for all there.

Its always worth waiting for a late deal if you were to consider taking a couple fo large apartments, cosmos always have lates for the first few weeks in may and the prices are very good!

We took ours with JMC, with named accomodation and it cost us £65 each, (3 of us) and that was including taxes and ticket on departure the lot! but, i chose to stay at our usual accomodation which cost us £125 for the apartment for the week like i said before.

It all depends on what you want and how soon ahead you want to book!

Im sure youll have a great time whatever you choose to do!

Caroine & Kirsten :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.