Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Do you know that you can't actually get legally married in the Maldives?

Can't comment on Vilu Reef as haven't been there but Lily beach was wonderful. Great staff, fantastic food and a first class house reef 50 feet from shore.

The wall which surrounds 2/3rds on the Island didn't in my opinion spoil the view but then our bungalow was located on the section of beach that didn't have the wall in front of it. Wey enjoyed sitting on the bar deckingr watching the sun set and watching the pair of herons fishing from the wall. They were very successful and often used to bring their catch right up near us on the beach to spear it and then swallow it.

We were more than grateful for the wall during the tsunami which no doubt protected the island from greater damage.
thanks for your help, i realise that a legal wedding isnt possible....am getting married before hand and will hopefully arrange a blessing or traditional celebration.

thanks for the info on lily beach.
Just got back from Vilu Reef and it was amazing! only 45 minutes in a sea plane from Male and it has got to be one of the most beautiful islands in the maldives. They have great snorkelling, fishing and diving which is good on your honeymoon as it breaks up the sunbathing a bit!! The food is a bit limited but it is all very nice. It really is a great place for a honeymoon. Havn't been to Lily Beach but it sounds similar with the house reef etc. The great thing about Vilu Reef was the massages from the Spa! I'm still relaxed now!
Hi Matt
Just to let you know that I am probably a little biased towards Lily beach, you must book what you think will be the best for your party of guests, having said that Lily Beach gets it fair share of large parties, there's one group of Germans that get together every year and have a great time, I am sure that Lily beach resort will accomodate you and make this occation one to remember.

Regards

Joe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.