Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi :wave: we went on the train to Amritsor and it was amazing the golden temple really does have
the WOW factor :D
you can also go to the wagga border ceromany it is amazing
Pat :cheers
jubileepat wrote:
we went on the train to Amritsor and it was amazing the golden temple really does have the WOW factor
Hi jubileepat

We are looking to do a couple of train journeys when we are in Goa (Candolim) in Feb 2012, could you let me know a little more about your trip, length of journey, prices of tickets, where from, and to, etc We are going to do the Hampi trip, but would like ideas on a couple more.

Kind Regards
The Preacher
pat and i did the trip to amritser by train with 8 other people. we flew to delhi from goa with kingfisher airways. think that was £120 each return. and took 3 hours stopping at mumbhi. the train journey took 8 hours on the express from delhi and it cost £20pp return to amritser. included in journey was breakfast and lunch. tea 3 or 4 times. a litre bottle of water. we had reserved seats. we used a company called delhimagic.com http://www.delhimagic.com to arrange the tickets and also other travel to and from delhi to agrah to go to taj mahal. they were very good. we arranged all our hotels ourselves. we stayed at the city heart hotel in amritser which was just round the corner from the golden temple. the hotel arranged the wagga border trip. £10pp.it takes about 1 hour by taxi. hope this helps.this was 2 years ago prices.
smudger2
:tup :) :sun2
Cheers Smudger2

Didn,t realise it included a flight, but it sure sounds like an exciting trip, :tup
it was and the people that we went with made the trip that much better. they were brilliant. we stayed in a backpackers hotel in delhi called the anoop. very basic and very cheap. but it was right in the middle of the old bazaar. that was brilliant. very noisy but vibrant. we stayed at the hotel sheela in agrah. right outside the east gate of the taj. again a sort of a backpackers hotel. so we sort of did the golden triangle but started in goa. flew to delhi and took train to amritsers and bus to agrah. but it was brilliant and we did it in5 days.
smudger2
:tup :cheers :) :sun2
ps if you did the whole lot by train it would take a couple or 3 days to get there and you would have to book a sleeper.have a look at a map and see the distances. they are huge.
Thanks once again Smudger2

Not sure if we are brave enough for such an adventure... :tup :cheers
go for it. you only come this way once or so they say. its the most exciting thing you will do and you will never forget it. im sure!
smudger2
:cheers :) :tup :sun2
Hi Smudger2, read your report with great interest. Althought we did the Taj way back in 1982 we'd love to do it all again. I would like to go to Amritsar as well (for personal reasons) and while there may as well go to Wagar for the border ceramony.
Your report gave me lot's of information with regards trains and hotels as the route that you took ie flight from Goa to Delhi, Amritsar, Agra, Delhi then back to Goa is something that I'm thinking about doing.
We have been in touch with Namaste Tours and they have suggested we do Delhi, Jaipur, Pushkar, Udaipur, Bundi, Ranthambhore and Agra this trip and save Amritsar and Varanasi for our next trip the year after. They said this would be the most efficient and economical way to see everything we mentioned to them. We did think we would have to do two trips so think we will go with this.
both brenliz and bindoobaba. what ever you decide to do im sure you will be amazed. we did ours a couple of years ago as i said and in march when we go back to goa we are going to Hampi by train. i find travelling in india fascinating and all the sights and sounds and smells are something else. i feel like the "idiot abroad" sometimes when he said "he didnt know where to look next as you would miss something else" as everything that happens is so fast and furious. but if i can help anymore just post on here and ill do my best
smudger2
:tup :cheers :) :sun2
Thanks for your offer Smudger. We too love Hampi and would like to go back sometime, it is over 10 years since we last visited, I love the train ride. Trying to decide whether to book the Delhi flights now or wait a bit to see if the price comes down at all. Namaste said April is a quiet time usually but we are going at Easter so will have to think about that and discuss it with my niece who usually books everything for us through the company she works for. Can't wait now, just over 4 weeks then we will be in Goa and Visa worries are long forgotten.
if your booking with the cheap flight carriers i think they work the same way as ours. the sooner you book the cheaper it is. we booked our delhi flights 3months before and got them as cheap as the got. i have just tried to book for january but i think web site was down so i dont know what the prices are like now. soz. if it lets me on later will have another look
smudger2
:cheers :) :tup :sun2
Have decided to book them today, at least we know we have got them then as our dates are not flexible.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.