Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Dear Nick.

I have booked a safari and two weeks at the voyager for this year, the cheapest way i found was, goto http://www.eclipsedirect.co.uk website get the prices for the voyager print them out, take these to the travel agents that state they will match web prices, Travelcare offer this service, then about two weeks after i had booked the hotel i then contacted Firstchoice and added a week of safari to be added to the booking, i got three weeks in Africa AI and extra leg room for about £3200,00 total cost inc insurance. i also recommend you book as early as you can as it has become apparent that the prices go up as availability goes down. I have found this to be the cheapest way to book holidays and still use a travel agent so that you have a place to go if there is any problems. hope this helps. :P
nickl52

Where did you hear about the proposed building works? We have just booked for 5 days next Easter.
I'm not sure if it was on this discussion forum - i was looking for details of the Voyager and someone mentioned that the manager of the hotel was talking about - this was only second hand so I suggest you make further enquiries
Trip Advisor has quite a few mentions of the building work for the hotel..
I'm also thinking of booking the Voyager Resort - for October/November this year. Am a bit worried about the building works but have read a lot more reviews from people who have said the works didn't affect them (and in fact made it nicer as not so busy) than people who said they were disruptive. But any more comments would be appreciated.

I have another couple of questions. Can anyone who has been there let me know what the dress code is for dinner in the resort? My boyfriend doesn't really want to go somewhere where he has to wear long trousers for dinner so are jeans/shorts/cropped trousers ok?

Also is there a disco/lively bar in this hotel?

Thanks
Katie P

we went last August. Men do have to wear long trousers for dinner - people were getting turned away if in shorts (even smart ones). - however - rememebr these help against the mozzie bites - and you can also sit outside as well. You can also change after dinner and come back down for the entertainment etc in shorts.

There is no disco in the hotel or "lively" bar, however we met up with other guests there and made the sports pool bar quite lively until 3.oo in the morning sometimes..- the waiters./barmen are there until you are ready to leave and join in.

You will have a great time..

Tina
Katie,

An afterthougth - I think the long trouser for dinner dress code is common throughtout most of the hotels in Kenya -we went on safari with other groups before the hotel stay - and they were staying in other hotels - I believe they all said the same.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.