America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Presumably you can still use the counter service meal at their food court? It's just the table service you are referring to?
At the moment none of the resturants, including counter service have signed up.

As I understand it from a 3rd party who knows Disney quite well, often they don't conclude the list of DDP resturants until late November as, for example, those in Coronado Springs are not operated by Disney.

If you look at the 2008 list compared to the 2007 list, there is only one Downtown Disney resturant signed up so far for example, and half the Epcot resturants are not signed up.

My concern is that people are not being told this (especially about Coronado Springs) and make their own decision as to whether or not Disney will successfully sign up those resturants to take part. Given the nature of the DDP has changed for 2008 who knows if they will.

I also hope those signing up for it realise they might need a budget of a couple of hundred dollars for tips.

As it has been pointed out by SWMBO we can always have a packet of cornflakes in the room for Brekie and have brunches/lunches in the park(s). Thats as well as, but some may not be expecting this. We managed to get by on just the DDP last time we went.
Oh right, that's interesting. We stayed at Wilderness Lodge this summer with free dining plan. Not being able to use the table service restaurants would have made little difference as only ate there once, but you definitely need to be able to eat at the food court at your hotel at least occasionally.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.