Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
My colleague has been telling me that Air Malta aren't very good - can anyone confirm or deny this? - they are OK

as things stand, the only choice of scheduled flights are with AirMalta, Ryanair and Easyjet as BA are suspending all flights to Malta in the Autumn
Air Malta are the best if you value your dignity, the others are cattle truck at best. :yikes
Thanks guys. It looks like Air Malta is going to be our best (only) option. Just need to wait for a couple of months for the flights to come out for next Sept.

On to hotels now - has anyone satyed at any of the following hotels?

Hotel Phoenicia - Valletta
Xara Palace - Mdina
Kempinski San Lawrenz - Gozo

I've seen the reviews on Trip Advisor but it would be nice to get some comments from fellow HT members too!
Hi Corinne,
we got married in Malta in 2006 and it was fantastic! There were 10 of us on a family holiday so it was perfect. We used SARAH YOUNG a wedding planner on the island. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Don't know if you planning to organise wedding yourself but if not she's your person! If you need any more help just ask. :cheers
Hi Pondskater

Thanks for your post - I'm glad to hearing you had a great experience with having your wedding in Malta. I've already seen Sarah's website - looks great - but luckily the Palazzo Parisio have their own wedding co-ordinator so she is helping us with all the practicalities and she's also put us in touch with a photographer.

If you've got any specific hints or tips to share then I'm all ears! Where did you stay and how long did you go for?
Hi Corinne,
We went for 2 weeks for a family holiday and decided after being engaged 12 years this was the ideal opportunity as we didn't want a big fuss! Stayed at Coastline in Salina Bay which I think has now changed a bit unfortunately, got married in St.Julians at Westin Dragonara resort. They have a private 5 star villa/restaurant which overlooks the sea,where we had our own private verandah, perfect! The whole day was a dream and went like clockwork. Sarah arranged everything, I would advise some help from Malta as their deadlines for paperwork are strict and tight! We looked at Palazzo but wanted to be outside in the sunshine, and felt that the Palazzo was a bit big for only a few of us. Whatever you choose, Malta is beautiful, if I can help anymore just ask! :cheers As far as Air Malta is concerned no problems. My parents fly with them every year and have no complaints.
gozomark ,
Don't know if this still help, but I've been going here and there with Air Malta and no problem so far. Just want you guys to know that :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.