Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hello Cathryn,

We used a small company called Lindos Weddings to arrange everything for our wedding last year. We found them to be a great help to us right throughout everything, from the initial email correspondance, the visit to our home and through to making sure that we were aware of all the different aspects of the different elements of our wedding day.
Lindos is a wonderful place to get married, it also works out to be so much cheaper than a wedding here in the U.K. I'm sure that whatever you decide you will have a marvellos day.
Good luck to you both and best wishes for the future.
Regards
Alan (A.J.Stranger)

P.S. http://www.lindosweddings.com
Hi my fiance and I are planning to marry in St Pauls Bay in July 2006 and are taking around 20 guests. We would like to have service around 4 or 5pm to avoid heat. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on prices for an evening event? We are hoping to stay in Lindos anyone been? Any advise on nice accomodation? :)
Hi Peaches - check out some of the sites that have been refered to on this forum they should be able to give you a guide to prices for an evening event depending on your requirements.

The better hotels/accommodation tend to be just outside Lindos village. The village itself is protected and so the majority of accommodation is basic studios in converted houses. There is a new hotel supposed to be opening in the village itself and it looks to be gorgeous though expensive (ideal for a wedding). I believe it's called Hotel Melenos, the only info i can find at the moment is on http://www.cwmcaddon.demon.co.uk/lindos.html (click on the accommodation section). For your guests you could probably get everyone in the same accommodation if you chose one of the complexes above the village such as Lindos View. Easier still would be to let everyone choose their own accommodation, that way people can choose to suit their budget and the village is small enough for any choice to be within walking distance.

I'd go as late in the day as possible in July as 4/5pm in Lindos will still be very hot!

One more thing if you choose St Pauls choose your footwear carefully or take a change of shoes with you - i've seen many a bride struggle down the steep hill in heels!
Information can also be found at http://www.rhodesweddings.com They will help you with all of your planning and documentation.
Hi there,

Me and my fella are wanting to get married in Rhodes Town next September. We have already picked the hotel that we want to stay at in Ixia but we have no idea how to go about getting the rest of the stuff sorted. If anyone could give me any ideas or point me to any web sites I would be very very grateful.

THANK YOU!!!!

:D
Hi! It's great that you chose Rhodes for your wedding. Take a look at the following site http://www.rhodesweddings.com They will help you find an ideal location for your ceremony and help you with your legal papers.
If you book your wedding through a 'local' agent then the wedding can be held on any day of the week.
I would suggest as late in the evening as possible (because of the heat)

try http://www.rhodesdirect.com for more info.

There are plenty of nice hotels in the Lindos area. Lindos Memories being the closest (between Pefkos and Lindos) but Atrium Palace is also very nice.

sub
:P
Hello from Lindos.
Will gladly help with information needed regarding planning your wedding in Lindos.
Prints and paintings of St.Paul's Bay and Lindos available at http://www.lindosartgallery.com
Invitations with a painting of St. Paul's Bay also available.
Thanks
sunfun
Hello All,

Try http://www.lindosweddings.com , We used them last year to organise our Wedding at St Pauls Bay and they were excellent.

After the ceremony they organised a Champagne cruise for us which was fantastic, highly recommended!!!!

Good luck and best wishes.

Alan.
Hi there. We are planning to have our wedding in St Pauls Bay in lindos next May. I have been in contact with a company http://www.lindosweddings.com to help arrange the ceremony etc as its all a bit of a minefield! Would anyone recommend them? (or more importantly I suppose, - NOT recommend them??!!)
Hello there,
Me and my intended are thinking of getting married next july (06)
at st pauls bay chapel, it looks so beautiful there.
i have read storys about it saying that sometimes wedding partys bump into other weddings and its like a conveyer belt, does anybody know if this is true.
We are also looking for suitable half board accomadation in either peftkos or lindos, if anybody knows of any could you please advise me.

We are also staying at pastida in september and was wondering if it would be easier to plan and book the wedding reception whilst we are out there.
We will be travelling with about 22 people .
We have looked at quite a few wedding packages but not really sure of the best way to go about it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated
thanks
Donna x
Hi

Me and hubby to be are marrying in St Pauls Bay this October, we booked our entire package through First Choice and found them very helpful and also the price was resonable.
We are staying in Hotel Lindos Mare which looks very nice and has some pretty good reports. They also put on a reception (at an extra cost) for you and all of your guests. I emailed the hotel directly and they sent me various menus and price lists and also pictures of weddings in St Pauls Bay. I found them very helpful, They have a beauty salon, hairdressers etc so you can get pampered on the day of the wedding. I am really looking forward to it now.
It's worth a look anyway, maybe you can get some ideas.

http://www.lindosmare.gr/

Clare
Agree with the last post you won't find half board accommodation in Lindos itself, Lindos Mare is probably one of the nearest and is an excellent hotel.

If you're getting married in July i'd go for as late in the day as possible for your wedding as it will be very hot. Also make sure you have sensible shoes (even if you change once down there) the steep hill downt to St Pauls is not one to attempt in heels! Weddings in Lindos are very pouplar now - personally i've never seen wedding parties bumping into each other but i suppose it could happen.

There's such a vast choice of venues in Lindos itself that i'd be tempted to hold a reception in a nice restaurant/taverna rather than a hotel. Il Palazetto is a very smart italian restaurant close to St Pauls Bay or the restaurant at Luna Bar would be good, stunning views and excellent food. Your best option would be to take a couple of trips to Lindos in September and get an idea of venues, etc.. If you also want to check out Lindos Mare it's very easy to find as it's on the main coast road. After you pass through the village of Kalathos look for Lindos Mare off to your left (it's just before Panorama Restaurant).
We manage to get to Lindos most years for a couple of weeks. we usually spend 3 or 4 days of that lazing on the beach at St Pauls Bay right next to the church and as yet have not actually seen a wedding take place while we have been there although we have seen a couple of groups having their post wedding celebrations in Lindos village in the evening. It is a lovely place to get married, we did not marry there but spent our honeymoon there which is one of the reasons we go back so frequently
Here's a wedding party at St Pauls in Sept 2003.

A lovely setting.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/gallery/upload/st_paulschapel?full=1
Hi Donna,

I am a wedding planner in Rhodes, we offer many packages throughout Greece, I would love to show you around during your stay.
My site is:
http://www.grayline.gr

You can get i touch with me through there!

Just one note to all those posting queries on this site, St. Paul's is a beautiful wedding site, however there are many more options for anyone wishing to have a more private ceremony. Consider that most people want a decorated venue, and sometime before and after just to hang around! One word of advice, if you do decide on St. Paul's be flexible with your time, leave it until 6 weeks before and book the last slot! It is so much more realxed!

Anyone wanting more advice can contact em through the site!
Firstly, all the best.

I got hitched there just over a week ago (23rd May) through Argo and the woman there Sue was sensational. It can be quite hectic though, as you only get about 30 mins for the ceremony and pics and your actually told by the registrar to come about 10 mins before your wedding.

Most probably you will pass another group, I know I did and funnily enough the men where dressed exactly the same as our party, with the exception of long sleeved shirts which we had. :lol:

Lovely setting though, and hopefully by then they'll have that silly crane in the Acropolis away by then. Unfortunately some of our pics had it in our pics, but the pictures where great though.

You can also hire the local Glass Bottom Boat to take you round to Lindos Beach or wherever your reception will be held (obviously with the exception of staying in Lindos main centre). It can be hired via the Lindos Reception at the top of the hill through Maria, she's the Irish lady btw.

FD
we got married in st pauls bay last year. we booked with kosmar but used argo holidays wedding package. they were really good. exquisitelindos.com are good as she runs the company from rhodes,and is lovely. they can do stuff like organise drinks at the church. i think the other wedding parties were jealous,because of the heat. then we had the glass boat take us round the bay, perfect for cooling down. i wouldn't swop my day for any other it was wonderful. we walked through the village rather than take taxis as it felt more greek.everyone was clapping and cheering. my only regret is that i didnt have a fiddler to play us along. you'll love it.good luck :lol:
We stayed in Lindos for three weeks and used the beach at St Pauls most days. It is correct that it certainly is a bit of a conveyor belt - weddings started around 4 and went on to 8. After watching upwards of approx 35 weddings, I really think the Greek local authority should make more of an effort to make wedding parties feel welcome. One wedding party is often waiting for another to finish (standing by the toilets and rubbish bins!). Also as the weather was hotting up it was obvious that some older members of the party(ies) found it quite stressful standing in full sun. You are getting married on the forecourt in front of the church (only Greek Orthodox are allowed to get married in the church). The authorities don't provide either seats or shade. I was getting quite annoyed on behalf of everyone!!! However, saying that, most brides looked lovely and most weddings seemed to be happy and didn't even notice the toilets, the bins or no shade. Cranes are still on the Acropolis though, I think they will be there for a couple of years - I don't think they spoil the views though. If you decided to go there, try and go early in the year, good luck - Lindos and St Pauls is a beautiful place.
8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.