Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Shall keep that in mind! Have just been checking out the british consulate site in the wake of the awful events at the weekend at glasgow airport, and came across a bird flu in Egypt site... should we be worried about this?

Glad to hear El Gouna is not overcrowded - got to say though when we discovered it last year we wondered how everywhere survived through lack of custom??!! One week to go!

LorraineD
Bird flu has been a risk here for some time now. But it's much the same anywhere you go. Avoid handling live birds and make sure your chicken or eggs are well cooked.

There have been reports of deaths in Egypt, but I'm fairly sure these have all been in the Nile delta area.

WG
The Calzone in Thomas' at Abu Tig Marina is the best I have ever tasted.

Yes there is bird flu in Egypt with quite a few deaths reported, that is why it is very difficult if nor nearly impossible to get fresh chicken any more. It is also illegal for people to keep chickens now which was a regular occurrence before.

Haven't tried Pier 66 and you were quite right to complain if the food wasn't to your liking.

Tourist numbers have been down this last 2 months but are starting to pick up again.
We came back at the end of June. We wondered where everyone were, the whole place was deserted both day and night, but then again that's how I like it, no waiting for tables at restaurants.

Really enjoyed ourselves, would like to go back again next year.

Gail
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.