UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Hi Robin, welcome to HT! :wave

You'll find THIS TOPIC very useful :wink:

I posted several links in the topic for another member last year.

Pippy :D
Thanks so much Pippy! I ended up booking the high end bungalow as the caravans were all booked. I am assuming this means the park is popular! Hopefully we will have better weather than what we get here in North Yorkshire!!! :D
You're welcome Robin :wink:

Enjoy!

HI Robin

I'm a cornish person living in Cornwall and my work colleague lives in Mullion so I can ask her any questions you may have.

Weather very good at present.
Hi
My wife, myself and our Daughter (12) are going to Mullion of 22nd July this year for 2 weeks

It's our first UK holiday, and we'll be travelling from Chorley (About 7 hour drive!!)

Is the weather usually good at the end of July/August?
The brochure says it's the best climate in the UK! :sun

Also is there plenty to do nearby and around The caravan park?

Thanks
Nik
Hi there, please don't think Cornwall's climate is comparable with Spain or the south of France! It's very unpredictable, at the moment it's pretty grotty, drizzly and rather windy,bit cold too. Saying that a couple of weeks ago the weather was lovely and we were sitting on the sunbeds in the garden! Just be prepared for either eventuality.

Your 12 year old would probably like Flambards theme park in Helston, not quite Alton Towers but lots of attractions to keep her busy for the whole day without being bored. Gweek seal sanctuary is close by if she likes animals. Goonhilly Satelite Station is in the area, Haven't been there for many years but you could find some up to date information on the Net.

Lands End is a theme park type place now with a light show and children's activities. Funny - I remember when it was just a rock!

Very close to Mullion is a little place called Helford Passage,there is a nice Pub does a great Sunday lunch next to a little pebbly beach, its a really beautiful place when its sunny. I believe a couple of famous rock stars have a place there.

From what I gather the caravan park is quite a way from Mullion itself so you will need a car to get to places.Mullion and Mullion Cove are nice if you like the quaint old cornish village thing, also Cadgwith and Coverack worth a look.

Hope this has given you some ideas,if there's anything special you want to know about I will try to find out for you.
Hi Nik

Have a look at the second post in this thread, you'll find loads of ideas for days out there.

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.