Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Blue64

Beer ranging from 3ytl for large effes to nearly 5 ytl, depends on where you drink. We had an AI boat trip this year £18 pp which I thought was excellent. For steaks etc you are paying anything from 19ytl to 25 ytl. Most things still reasonable in the supermarkets in my opinion. Where I stay in Marmaris it is 4.75ytl for a pint (full pint). Depending on the exchange rate that is about £2.10p You would be hard pushed to get a pint for that back home.

Wilson ;)
That boat trip sounds expensive to me at £18 each. My son went on a boat trip when he was in Marmaris last week, with lunch and drinks included for much less. They stayed AI and only went out on a couple of occasions to Bar Street and said that it was really expensive - even more than they pay for drinks in the nightclubs back home.
in hisarrono most restaurants were selling effes for 3 lira most steak meal deals were 20 lira this included bread to start then a starter any staek icluding t bone and an ice cream to finish,ckicken meals were about 15lira cocktails varied from 7-10 lira.we did a boat trip with lunch for £5 and a jeep safari for £12 i still think turkey is good value.
Wilson McMillan

Hard pressed to get a pint for £2.10 back home. Carlsberg £1.50 and stella £2.20 pint. How about double with a mixer £2.39 and its the real mccoy, no house spirits. I find I can drink cheaper in my local than on holiday, and I live in London. Next year 4*/5* A/I side.
Last month in Marmaris we payed £13 for all day boat trip on Mega Diana inc toastie for breakfast,bbq chicken lunch and all inc drinks which inc bottled beer and more choice in spirits,also went on Memories boat which again was all inc of buffet turkish breakfast,same lunch and all drinks,less choice of spirits,this was only £8 each,both included transport.
thanks people we are of to dalyan early monday morning and you comments are most helpfull
hi nuttynet goin to hisa onmon never been before any advice cheers :wave:
Andyo you will have a great time trust me and shop around and do some trips they are worth it
have a quick look at my download dvd long version it gives an insite to whats about :sun2
in marmaris rıght now - efes ranges from 2.5 to 4 lıra (not been to harbour or bar street so cant comment on theır prıces)

meals - you can get 3 course menu for anythıng from 14.5 to 21.5 lıra whıch ıs excellent value and meals are fab too! went to smılıes last nıght (just round corner from aussıe bar) had 14.5 lıra menu whıch was garlıc bread, soup, chıcken plank (whıch was 18.5 on ıts own!!) then a cup of tea! so me and daughter had the 14.5 lıra menu, hubby had t-bone (but not as bıg as natalıes lol!), 7 efes (had frıends wıth us!!) and 2 waters and the bıll came to 90 lıra (about 39 quıd) whıch aınt bad really

goıng on jeep safarı sunday - cost 30 quıd for the 3 of us

all ınclusıve boat trıp next tuesday 25 quıd all 3 of us (wılson - who dıd you gıve 18 too! thats a lot!) - we are goıng on Kıng Cezars boat - as we always do

oh well- best get back to the pool!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.