France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi

Have a look in the City Breaks forum at THIS TOPIC, I haven't read through it but I expect you'll find some useful advice :wink:

Pippy :D
my husband and I spent £600 but we did buy a few items of clothing etc as well. It is v v expensive, the beer is extortionate, the wine not so bad but you only get a tiny bit!

Top things to do? Definately buy a guide like rough guide and have a browse through. Don't miss:

The Louvre - (but pick out the things you really want to see ie mona lisa, the venus de milo etc
EIffel Tower,
Galerie Lafayette (fabulous department store)
notre dame
arc de triumphe

you will only have time to do the basics.

Here's a tip - if you are there on a sunday lunchtime go to the Baron Rouge, a small wine bar (not like our wine bars) which serves wine by the glass and small plates of food. That is a flavour of real French city life. Its a way out from the centre though (get the metro) but worth it - theres a market there too.

Use the underground to get around, its very easy. One ticket = one trip, regardless of no of stops or changes. :lol:
My wife and I have just got back, we didn't think it was as expensive as people were telling us.

As well as the previous list make sure you go to the Sacre Coeur.
Champs Elyssee is nice at night time when the lights are on.

Mick
Hope you had a nice holiday mick?!

Glad to hear it wasn't expensive as people say!!

What hotel did you stay in?

Any tips you can give to me and my partner, only a week and a day away now, very excited :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.