Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Thanks for that, will see what we can fit in once we pack :cheers
hi there we took plenty with us at xmas,thankfully we did because we found it very expensive in the supermarkets especially for chocolate and crisps, we took with us cuppa soups nice with crusty bread and even a few chips with it makes a nice snack bacon cheese pasta crisps chocolate ham biscuits coffee tea.we were just gutted when it all ran out so take plenty with you and cut down on your clothes thats my advise.next time i go i will even take more with me.i froze two lots of my bacon labelled it as frozen to make sure we ate that first and it kept the rest of my stuff nice and cold for travelling just take as much as you can.we ate out on the evenings i refused to give that up after all i was on me jollies have a good hol
You need to use the Spanish supermarkets. Any name you recognise from the UK such as Spar, Netto's and Iceland will be expensive. Seek out Mercadona, HiperTrebol & Hyperdino and you won't be paying anymore than you are used to.
Thanks again. We will still eat out once a day either lunch or dinner like you say we are on our jollies, but will go to mercadona at San Eugenes for our shopping and cheap vino + beer for any nights we stay in.
As I have mentioned before on this site its worth visiting supermarket Carolina in Los Cristianos.They stock everything you may need.There is also a butchers and fishmonger inside.Also on the ground floor they have a well stocked wine( I even tried the 2 euro white which I found very good) and beer area.There is another part of the shop on the first floor for other items.The bar at the entrance do filled take away baguettes,which are good value.
The best reasonably priced bacon we have tried is Oscar Myer bought in Mercadona. Seems you can only get it streaky though. Maybe the locals prefere bacon steaks in Tenerife, as I have seen these.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.