Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thursday is market day in Marmaris, but it's not a pleasant experience. it's held in what I can only describe as a multi storey car park and feels very cramped. The one in Icmeler on Wednesdays is far more enjoyable being in the open air although there are canopies up to protect you from the sun.
There is a nice little Thursday Market right next to the Star waterpark on the main road n Marmaris

Half way between Icmeler and the Marina.

There is a Migros and Macdonalds and some shop shopping parade just 3 minutes away from it.

Then there is the one Emre said about which we don't like at all

Hope this helps

The market i mentioned is near the Pineta Hotel you can not miss it from the main road there is a lot off stalls there but it is small compared to Icmelers market on a Wednesday

But there all sell the same stuff :D
forgot to say only in Marmaris Sat - Tuesday (travelling over from Rhodes for 3 nights)

Where would you recommend for shopping between these days? Dont mind travelling to different resort in Turkey etc - makes it part of the fun.
Fethiye has a big open air Market on a Tuesday if this is any help to you.

Les
And there's a market in Turunc on Mondays I think.
wedensday at icmeler is better than marmaris market ,,just jump on a dolomus , large outdoor one ,,
can anybody tell me what the dolmus service from marmaris to turunc is like ie frequency costs etc
How far from Marmaris to Turunc please? sorry just never been to Marmaris before so any help would be appreciated
You can do by taxi boat, it is nice as you get to see the senery ect. the boats stops at ichmeler first, dont know how much it is though but it wont cost alot. hope this helps
ops u forgetten meat market its open alltimes 24/7 but ladies has to get lots ££££ in their handbags. no credit card only cash. u can find what u want in a bar or restaurant. on the street ones are free :D :D :P
*Edit as you have been requested before please do not post in phone text Briar
haven't been to marmaris for 4 years , at that time the market next to the star waterpark was on a tuesday.
Hi there, the Marmaris market is on Thursday but be ware it is very hot and crowded and alot of pick pockets 1 stall owner told me to turn my bag roung so the opening was near my body and not on show.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.