General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I tend to wear either a floaty gypsy style skirt (so you don't freeze here but it's cool when you arrive) with a tshirt or other thin top and a small cardigan. Either that or similar but cropped trousers instead of a skirt.

Never will I travel like I used to when I was younger in shorts or miniskirt type articles - specifically on the way home (to show off the tan!) as it's always freezing on the plane and you feel a plonker when you get to Manchester. :D
The heaviest garments that would otherwise make my suitcase over-weight :rofl

It depends where I'm off to, the climate at the destination. Normally shoes, jeans and t-shirt and maybe a jumper if its going to be cold when you get off the plane at the other side.

Darren
I wear a pair of cropped trousers, a light comfy top and a 3/4 sleeve tie-up cardi and a pair of slip on sandals. As long as I feel comfy, I don't care if there are any glammed up girlies ahead. They are probably uncomfortable in their high heels anyway!
I usually wear something very similar : cropped trousers (light and comfy), a t-shirt, my denim type jacket and usually a pair of trainers (for comfort). Also take a large handbag (security allowing) and a very big smile cause i'm nearly on holiday :grin:

Sarah :)
I just love getting my "travelling outfit" together!!

I always wear 3/4 length or knee length combat type denims, or similar. I wear nice flat leathery flipflop style sandals that will match my "plane bag" (this year had lovely big silver bag from Barrats and silver flipflops!!). My t.shirt will also blend in with shoes and bag. My jewellery will of course match as will my lippy (never had silver lippy before anyone asks!! :wink: )

If I wear hair tied back the bobble will of course be colour of t.shirt!! 8) I only ever take a cardi when going hols later on in year, for eg Oct, Jan.
cloths......

combat strides [so i keep organised]
long sleeve shirt [ don't own or wish to any t shirts]
pulley if early/late flight [ packs in to spare carrier bag once passed security]
Deck shoes [the most comfortable things i have found]

oh socks and skiddies
cloths......

What sort, dish cloths or dusting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wear clothes. :wink:
Other people seem to be much better dressed than i am when i go to the airport. Women in full makeup, high heels etc.
I dress in whtever is most comfortable, usually cropped pants, tea shirt and cardi (as it can get cold on the plane)
THis year will have to go in my Jeans as i have got to wear flight socks due to having operation this year......so I will probably have to wear trainers. I dont think it would do my image very good wearing flight socks with cropped pant :shock:
Classy but comfortable is my motto :wink:

Jeans, comfy heels (there are some out there :D ) lightweight top with short sleeves and a good jacket, not a sporty one but something smart/casual. My LV satchel bag and a happy disposition :wink:
I have linin trousers for comfort, vest top assuming i am travelling to a hot country and a fleese for getting to airport if weather is a bit cool and for on the plane and slip on shoes so i can ease them off on the plane.
for my recent hol to Thailand I travelled in a fitted black top, jasper conran jeans, quite glam silver cardi to glam it up, and sketchers ladies trainer type shoes with 2 straps across the top, very comfy but more feminine than 'proper' trainers.
I'm a bit of a comfy gal, so combats, crocs ( oh so comfy ) vest top, cardy, maybe denim jacket, depending on uk weather, I always think that layering is good, wrap your cardi round your waist when you get off the plane, roll your combats up, and, sorted !
sorry, don't go for glam till I get out first night !
Clothes that are comfortably loose. As someone else has mentioned a smile as I am off to sunnier climes. (Usually)
Usually a light-weight trouser suit with long sleeves and comfortable sandals. It makes me laugh seeing all those women tottering along in their high heels, especially when the flight is called and they have a mad dash to the boarding gate. :roll:
3/4 length jeans, t-shirt, flip-flops and a warm top in my hand luggage (I always get cold during the flight). When we landed at Sharm airport at 20.20 on 30th July it was still 42c! :yikes
We left for the airport at 3am here in UK. when we got to Dalaman it was well into the 50's.
So I wore
Light weight combats, vest tshirt and light weight cardie.
Oooo I always use my Flight Clothes as a good excuse to buy something new too :wink:

The main thing is to wear comfirtable clothes as well as shoes I find, its not so bad this time of year going in the Summer - its when you leave in the Winter to go to a hot destination is the trouble.
I wear the same as everyone else - ¾ trousers, t-shirt, light cardigan and this year I wore crocs instead of trainers, much better :D I've given up wearing white as I always spill stuff during the flight meal and even if I don't spill anything myself, they always serve the tea and coffee when there's turbulence and it sloshes everywhere :roll:
track suit bottems or jeans either my trainers or my crocks i always put on a jumper as i get really cold on the plane
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.