America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Tough question! Theres so many!!!

We love Fantasmic aswell. Also Mickeys Philharmagic 3D show in Magic Kingdom - the best 3D show ive ever seen! Definitely full of Disney magic.

Wishes is my favourite fireworks show. Or the Hallowishes fireworks at the Halloween Party. Also love the new Toy Story ride in Hollywood Studios - definitely worth the wait in the queue!

Its a tough question - im sure loads of people will post their favourites and i will agree with them all!

GG x
Gatorland. When we went back for a second visit is was the first place the kids wanted to go back to.
Seaworld without a doubt, love krakens roller coaster, first ever big one i had been on.

Next has to be Universal & IOA, great fun.
we also really enjoyed the simpsons ride at universal studios :tup
went back in 2007 and we never got to do Fantasmic!!! Its a must do when we go back next month !!! I really liked Wishes!, I am such a big kid! Also meeting Winnie The Pooh and Eeyore in UK, Epcot. I'm Winnie the Pooh mad!

Busch Gardens was amazing tooo.... I could go on!!!! Doing it all again next month

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Im a big kid too TIGGMYSTER18! I actually prefer the Disney parks to all the Universal/Busch Garden ones! We've been to them all and over the years we've narrowed it down until finally, last year, we only done the Disney parks - didnt miss Universal, Busch Gardens or Seaworld at all.

All the others just dont have that Disney magic (obviously!) and i think thats what i miss when im at them lol.

Give me a hug from Eeyore over a roller coaster at Universal anyday lol!

GG x
hi glittergirl we are going back to florida again this year to get our fix of disney magic,cant wait. :-D
Us too johnhainsby - we cant keep away! Every January, we are like 'We'll try somewhere new this year' then by March we've booked Florida again lol!

Staying at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort this year - a new one for us as we usually prefer to stay at the Disney Value Resorts (Pop Century 3 times and Disney's All Star Sports once) - but this year Disney were offering the free Dining plan when you upgrade to a moderate or deluxe resort - an offer we couldnt refuse!!

When are you there? Bet you're looking forward to it as much as we are!

GG x
It's over way too quickly but the Mummy ride at Universal is the best ride in Orlando, closely followed by Spiderman which when you consider it is 10 years old this month, shows just how far ahead of it's time it was in 1999!!!!
hi glittergirl we are going back at the end of june,and we cant wait. we have started packing our bags already,this time we are taking our grandchildren .our daughter.and son.i cant wait to see the kids faces when we enter magic kingdom.we always stay around the international drive area,because its always bussing with life.i have also found a good irish pub on the drive that shows live english football,and sells good guiness,what more could you want disney.beer.football?.also at the hotel where we stay, they run a shuttle service from the hotel to all the disney parks,so you have not got the worry of driving and parking .they run the shuttle service at 3 different times in the morning and in the evening .the latest bus returns from disney to our hotel at 10-pm.so when we get back to our hotel we can chillout around the pool with a bottle of wine or two, and not have to worry about driving the next day,we just cant wait regards john :wave: :wave:
couldnt name a top one...but like rides with a bit of enjoyment and fun....my top 5..

1)Soarin over california........great effects and great fun (EPCOT)

2)Spiderman.....like a poster said what a fantastic ride for 10 years old (uni IOA)

3)Toy Story Midway mania......seem to get lower score every time i went on....(DHS form mgm)

4)Popeye's barges...got soaked but so much laughing and fun (IOA)

5)Men in Black (universal)......another where score seems to go down with each ride..
Oh my god John not long to go at all! June is only around the corner!! Im so jealous - we're not there until 30th August - its sooooo far away lol :)
We took my neices a few years ago when they were 12 and 3 and they loved it. Take a camcorder if you can - we still have the video of my youngest neice hugging all the princesses and characters - she really did believe in it all. Will be good to show that at her 18th :)
GG x
I love Twister at Universal studios, in fact I love most of the rides at Universal, am not a big one on Disney.
hi glittergirl we always take our camcorder, so much to film and enjoy beutiful memories of the happiest place on earth.still you have only 3-months ,and you will be back, enjoy regards john :sun2
Here's a few of mine:
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, especially the houses. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre one was great!
Sheikra & Montu at Busch Gardens
Seaworld, especially Kraken
Dr Doom's Terror Tower at Universal

Mind you, Manta Ray looks really good at Seaworld & think that opens quite soon, Will have to start saving again for Florida next year :)
Yes mine is Fantamic and also the Halloween Horror Nights. We are going next Oct so we can see the new Harry Potter World as well.

But what is Manta Ray is it a new ride? :que
Manta is the new coaster opening at Seaworld on the 22nd of May & it looks amazing :) You ride it laying down horizontally & I think it's safe to say this one will surpass Kraken. Have a look at the Seaworld website, it's got a preview on there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.